Best Rapper Alive - 2017

Who is the MVP of 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
A lot of you guys will be familiar with a thread series I ran along with @mobbinfms last year called Best Rapper Alive, where we went from 1985 to 2015 to determine the MVP of each year, accompanied with a point system and final rankings etc.

Now this thread will be done in similar vein, although whether it contributes towards the points I have accumulated from previous series, I'm not sure yet. It probably will. That also means I have to do one for 2016 too.

Just a quick reminder of some rules:
- I will put down a 10 man shortlist
- if your desired poll option is not there, write them in the comments and I will add an extra option for you to place your vote
- rappers who quality (solo or part of a group) must have released an album/mixtape in the CALENDAR year of 2017 (Jan 1 - Dec 31). If a single or other material was released the year prior, you can use that as fuel for your decision to vote the rapper winning in 2017 e.g. Migos' Bad and Boujee. You can use guest features and other stuff to help your argument but the key is that the rapper(s) in question MUST have released a project in 2017.

POINT SYSTEM
I will only reward the top 5 finishers of each poll.

1st place = 10 points
2nd place = 5 points
3rd place = 3 points
4th place = 2 points
5th place = 1 point

That's all for now #BRAColi.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
@mobbinfms @BmoreGorilla @MidnightMercenary @666 ReVeNGe 666 @g-ice @Da King @tuckdog @StillNotSoft @charmander @Buckeye Fever @SirBiatch @DillaTUDE

too lazy to think more names....

My vote going to Offset.

Culture was one of the best albums of 2017 and we really got to see the emergence of Offset and Takeoff especially, proving that Quavo is not the only one with superstar appeal in the trio.

While I think Takeoff was the MVP of that album, when you consider all the other guest features and projects that Offset was heavily involved in throughout the year, I have to give him the edge.

tumblr_olv0dlVU7A1v83unjo1_500.gif

Daps
This one is kinda tough since there wasn't really any album this year that had me :wow:

I'll go Kendrick. I fukked with some songs on DAMN. a lot (esp. DNA.)

I still need to check out Flower Boy and Big KRIT's new album. I heard great things about those

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
This one is kinda tough since there wasn't really any album this year that had me :wow:

I'll go Kendrick. I fukked with some songs on DAMN. a lot (esp. DNA.)

I still need to check out Flower Boy and Big KRIT's new album. I heard great things about those

Flower Boy is one of the better releases this year. Production, especially, was :wow:.

Didn't hear KRIT's yet. But yeah, Kendrick is probably the favourite to win this year. DAMN is a top 2/3 album for me. You can't deny greatness.

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
So we acting Rather You than Me didn’t drop? :gucci:

Only nikka that dropped an album with replay value

It's tough to think man with so many releases. If you wanna vote Ross, I can put up the poll option. Lemme know.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Kendrick.
I dont think there's been a more clear year. Even with migos and Jay Z having the years they did

Inspect Her Deck

Daps
Drake or Playboi Carti.

How the fukk is Drake not on this list considering that KMT is still ringing the fukk off in clubs? :what:

Again, I put 10 options down. If your vote is not there, ask for it to be included and I will. Who you going for?