Best sounding drums on a song

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
Black Jesus; Stolen Tales
I may not be describing it as well sonically, but I'm talking about how a drum beat sounds.
Just the way the 'boom' hits.
Some drums just shout 'early 2000s' or 'late 80s'. Prince's drums are famously recognizable from afar.

I like Jesus Walks drums because they sound timeless. Song could be released today it would sound fresh.

The way they hit the ear is just :wow:

I feel like somethings happened to most rap beats in the last 10 years. The drums all sound like an 'Old Town Road' sample.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
I may not be describing it as well sonically, but I'm talking about how a drum beat sounds.
Just the way the 'boom' hits.
Some drums just shout 'early 2000s' or 'late 80s'. Prince's drums are famously recognizable from afar.

I like Jesus Walks drums because they sound timeless. Song could be released today it would sound fresh.

The way they hit the ear is just :wow:

I feel like somethings happened to most rap beats in the last 10 years. The drums all sound like an 'Old Town Road' sample.

Those Lou donaldson drums have been used by beatmakers for years. Probably used 100 times. I mean everyone has looped them. It's instantly recognizable with the snare. You're correct, something did happen with drums in hip hop, everyone use the 808 kick and snare. Everyone uses the same drum sounds and patterns. shyt is redundant

letti cook

Superstar
Daps

simultaneously the most underrated but properly rated beat ever cause of those kick drums

everybody that know, know...not enough people know though...