Best Theme OG Bracket Rd 3: Cody Rhodes "Kingdom" vs. Goldust "Gold-Lust" (CLOSED)

Which theme is doper?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2CT

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
RPOe7H4.png

"Kingdom"
Wrestler: Cody Rhodes
Artist: Downstait
Release: 2016

"Gold-Lust"
Wrestler:
Goldust
Artist: Jim Johnston
Release: 1996

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Dude thinks the crowd saying “ohhhh!” Is some “special entrance vibe.” :mjlol:

Edit: I guess dude never saw Goldust’s entrance because it’s more of a special vibe than CAWdy

Cody’s full entrance with the epic prelude is better :ufdup:

• Dap
Reactions: 2CT

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It’s about the music and not the entrance/wrestler.
Sorry my brother but this statement is retarded.

If this was purely based on musical merit, it would belong in the Booth. A theme is about more than just the music, it's how it fits the wrestler, how it creates an atmosphere, how it enhances the wrestler and creates that connection. I don't know how people can stan Jim and then ignore this when he's stated the same about crafting a lot of these entries that are considered GOATs.

If this was just about licensed legitimate music, we'd just skip to a NBK/Metallica final and just skip the votes but that's not what we're judging and that's why a lot of you stay mad.:yeshrug:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Sorry my brother but this statement is retarded.

If this was purely based on musical merit, it would belong in the Booth. A theme is about more than just the music, it's how it fits the wrestler, how it creates an atmosphere, how it enhances the wrestler and creates that connection. I don't know how people can stan Jim and then ignore this when he's stated the same about crafting a lot of these entries that are considered GOATs.

If this was just about licensed legitimate music, we'd just skip to a NBK/Metallica final and just skip the votes but that's not what we're judging and that's why a lot of you stay mad.:yeshrug:
I understand a theme song is supposed to have a connection to the character, but The tourney is is not best original song or best character or best entrance. It’s a musical tournament at the end of the day.

If we’re going by your definition of this tournament, Goldust should be winning because his theme is more fitting for the character. Cody’s sounds like just another rock song (even if the lyrics are directly for him).

Last edited: