BET AWARDS 2016 DRAWS 7.2 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
BETAwards2016.jpg

The 2016 BET Awards, which aired last night night, June 26, across Viacom-owned networks, including MTV, VH1, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and Spike TV, was watched by 7.2 million total viewers. Although I should note that this was the first time that parent company Viacom opted to broadcast the show across all its main channels, so the 7.2 million figure reflects that.

However, when you single out BET’s viewership of the show, this year’s total viewers (who watched the program on BET specifically) dropped about 29% year-over-year. It did go up against the season finale of HBO’s “Game of Thrones,” for about an hour and 15 minutes of its 3 hour and 40 minute running time.

Despite that, and the year-over-year drop, the awards was, once again, the No. 1 cable awards show in the key 18-49 demographic for the 2015-2016 TV season to date (3.8 million viewers in that coveted age range).

The BET Awards celebration was live for almost seven hours, pre-show to post-show, and the network also reported that over 623,000 people generated close to 3.5 million tweets related to “2016 BET Awards.”

The show kicked off with a surprise performance from Beyonce and Kendrick Lamar, featured several tributes to Prince, and saw Spike Lee award a Lifetime Achievement Award to Samuel L. Jackson, and president Debra L. Lee honor Jesse Williams with a Humanitarian Award, for which he delivered a powerful speech that went viral soon afterward, and is still the talk of web today.

Incogno

Pro
Daps
probably because of the prince tribute...or beyonce

Jesus was that awards depressing...every other artist was performing a similar rap song that all sounded the same...it just constantly reminded me how much old school RnB was really legendary music...

it just makes you feel nostalgic...there will never be music or artists, everywhere, like there were in the 90's, 80's 70's,and definitely not the 60's...

I did like the songs from the new artists they showcased....

that was the only refreshing thing about the awards....besides the whole prince tribute...

Last edited: