Better Call Saul & Breaking Bad character parallels?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know there's plenty of BB Easter eggs and symbolism and foreshadowing throughout Better Call Saul... but what do you think of character parallels? I mean not directly the same, but are strongly implied.

Jimmy is obviously Walter White... someone who deep down always had his alter-ego (in Jimmy's case, Saul) bubbling inside him.

Chuck is more so less Hank... someone who masks his own insecurity with false ego and hell bent to take down who brother (in Hank's case, brother-in-law) by any means necessary.

Kim is Skylar (but less annoying)....she's someone that objects to Jimmy's methods but eventually relents because she's just as much a hypocrite in accepting it while calling him out on it.

Mike is Jesse.... someone who doesn't really want to be part of Jimmy's world, but due to domino-effect circumstances would eventually be part of it.

Nacho is what Mike will eventually become....

Hamlin is maybe a reach, but he is Marie.... and I only connect that just because if Hank and Marie are together, Chuck and Hamlin are partners too and Hamlin backs everything Chuck does. But again, this one is a stretch to me.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
these are all reaches , especially kim and chuck

Kim is different from skylar in that deep down she has a similar personality to Jimmy but she suppresses/hides it because she feels like that's what she should do, she wants to be on a straight line for her career. Skylar was never like Walt deep down, all she cared about was protecting her family, and once she realized who walt really was at the end of season 4/beginning of season 5, she wanted out.

Hank was insecure about being a p*ssy but I don't think he really had a false ego, he just liked his job and was good at it, chuck is a lot more self centered than hank, hank seemed to actually care about other people. Hank is also way more personable and likeable than chuck. the key beef chuck has with jimmy is that chuck is an unlikeable a$$hole prick, doesnt matter how good of a lawyer or how intellgient he is, people dont like him the way they like jimmy. hank was always the likeable fratty guy at the office

this a good thread btw :manny: