Better scene between brothers: The Godfather 2 or On the Waterfront

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Fedo Corleone: I'm your older brother, Mike, and I was stepped over!
Michael Corleone: That's the way Pop wanted it.
Fredo Corleone: It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

Charlie: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.
Terry: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Damn, tough one here; both are two AMAZING scenes....Because I felt so bad for Fredo (based on me knowing he was weak and stupid from the first movie), I have to take Godfather; it was really depressing to see Fredo broken like that, knowing he was considered expendable and useless to his family...he was isolated and alone when he had siblings...no one should ever feel like that...

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Damn, tough one here; both are two AMAZING scenes....Because I felt so bad for Fredo (based on me knowing he was weak and stupid from the first movie), I have to take Godfather; it was really depressing to see Fredo broken like that, knowing he was considered expendable and useless to his family...he was isolated and alone when he had siblings...no one should ever feel like that...

The way he delivered the line "He said there was something in it for me. On my own"

:mjcry:

Both are great.

One smart brother, one dumb brother.

One of them ends up dying because or after the conversation.

They both involve brother's who wanted more out of life.

They both involve a brother "talking" to people they shouldnt.

With Fredo you felt the years of frustration. Never really carving out a niche for himself. Everything he really wanted had to be pushed aside for others.

Terry sacrificed for family a lot as well. Gave up his hopes and dreams. Now he's put in a difficult spot. Basically my life is shyt because of you and now you're asking me to do this?

I love both scenes.

I feel more for Fredo in a "brotherly" sense. Because it's got to be tough to have lived with your older and younger brother always having more value to the family than you.

However, the personal sacrifice Terry did gets me as well. Time slips away. Dreams are gone. Knowing you should have done it your way, but people get you off track in life.