Beyoncé doesn't write her own lyrics and has a great team behind her

Discussion in 'The Booth' started by Frank Lucas, Apr 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Street Knowledge

Street Knowledge Superstar Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NYC
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Aside from Kanye and the most hardcore Beyoncé stans on the Internet I don't see anyone calling her some type of musical genius. So I don't see a problem with her not writing/producing/ or playing instruments. She's a great entertainer

Darth Hater and SirBiatch dapped this.
  2. Field Marshall Bradley

Field Marshall Bradley Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $294500.00

This isn't even pertinent to the discussion...

TrebleMan and CrimsonTider dapped this.
  3. Kamala Harris

Kamala Harris Veteran Hall of Shame Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $344500.00

Nostalgia always wins. It wins in movies, music and sports. Nostalgia will always be the unfair advantage.

4. CrimsonTider

CrimsonTider Stuck WOAT

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $352806.00

:laff: what things were Aliyah doing differently

5. Field Marshall Bradley

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $294500.00

Logic is rarely used here.... How can you reduce someone whom has worked on their craft for 20 years to "manufactured?"

:dead:

LadyElle0301 dapped this.
  6. b̶a̶'̶a̶l̶

b̶a̶'̶a̶l̶ SMH Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200.00

Are we just doing pop stars? If not here some more with a clearly larger vocal range & write their own songs. Beyonce is a hard worker and has a big machine behind her.
    (cover of Anita's song)

UpAndComing dapped this.
  7. Kamala Harris

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $344500.00

Beyoncé and destinys child were pre teens practicing in heels and rehearsing day and night non stop. There's so many videos of them as kids performing and practicing their hearts out. Her dad pushed her and you're right, she worked extremely hard for her success, I don't know how this gets lost on people

CrimsonTider and LadyElle0301 dapped this.
  8. Kamala Harris

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $344500.00

Alicia keys has nowhere near the vocal range as Beyoncé, she has to stay in her small range or she sounds horrible

I love me some lala Hathaway by the way. She killed that Anita baker song :ohlawd:

h2o_proof, LadyElle0301 and Demetrius dapped this.
  9. backbreaker65

backbreaker65 All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Passage of Time
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Her R&B style was different i.e. music she sang to was different from the typical R&B mid tempo stuff at that time.

SirBiatch dapped this.
  10. OnlyInCalifornia

OnlyInCalifornia Southern California/Vegas

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    The Coli's 420th member
    Coli Cash:
    $351443.00

Sure it is. Are you really wondering why someone who is held up as a 'Queen' has more eyes and more criticism than someone who isn't?

11. Field Marshall Bradley

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $294500.00

Fans are fanatical..... and borderline stupid..... so I try not to pay attention to them that much(myself included) So with that being said, I try to be objective as possible when gauging an artist or athlete....

The fact that you have to go back to a different era to find an artist who rivals her(who just happens to have the last name Jackson) says a lot.... because currently, she has no peers..... kind of like a Queen so to speak.... :lolbron:

CrimsonTider and Frank Lucas dapped this.
  12. Czerka

Czerka All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

"Nah breh [X generic rnb singer you never heard of] shyts all over Beyonce"

- typical coli poster

13. It is a mystery

It is a mystery Retired Kanye Stan

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $315500.00

You are acting as if Beyonce is some unpopular of artist torn down to some cruel unfair extent that no other artist has to go through. I can see how you came to that conclusion if you don't follow pop audiences and only check for what people are saying on here, but that does not provide the full picture. She isn't below Perry/swift with regards to a pop audience. Katy Perry always sells less than her. There are 4 very common memes about swift that are roasting her (she dated half of the entertainment industry, her songs never blame herself, she dumbed down country, they don't like how she looks). None of those are from us; they are all from her pop audience.We hardly talk about Perry/Swift at all unless there is some hip hop collaboration so why would their recognition be a good comparison for anything involving the booth?

The main negatives that people here even have about Beyonce is that they may just see her as another pop act. Obviously a pop audience won't see that as problematic (because they are a pop audience) but we are primarily a hip hop audience as this is a hip hop message board so we have different standards.

What if that person who liked Zayn liked every R&B artist you like as well? How do you even know what their grading metric is like? How does that even reflect on everyone?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Crucial and CrimsonTider dapped this.
  14. Piff Perkins

Piff Perkins Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $130321.00

I just listened to Just Blaze on the rap radar podcast say Beyoncé found the sample and came up with the concept for Freedom; she also had a demo of the song she did first, before he made the beat.

I'm no Beyoncé fan but the idea that she has nothing to do with her music is stupid. Yes she has writers but she truly produces her shyt. She's not someone like Rihanna who has nothing to do with the process.

15. Patrick Kane

Patrick Kane Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

And she's a great singer and creative director.

With Lemonade, she may not have "wrote" each song or produced them but she still had involvement in the themes of the song and the direction or "vibe" she wanted to go with in the song. She's not credited on every song on the album but some songs she is, which kinda shows that. Her last few albums produced some big singles and catchy songs but I don't know, the music still felt empty and vapid. With Lemonade she actually took risks musically in the songwriting, the production and the different genres of music she incorporated to the body of work. She doesn't have any other album that sounds like this.. elements of calypso, reggae, indie pop, hip hop, soul, R&B, rock. She's never had an album that told a story either. What more do people really want? :francis: