Biden Administration: Chinese Cars on American roads are a potential national security threat

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Will the Chinese automakers have any U.S factories? Maybe that can be a compromise
They out here selling civics made in america for $40k and pick up trucks for $80k now days they ain't trying have to deal with real competition from china

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m EV skeptical myself on a whole other argument tho because the charging health of the batteries declines over time as well as other factors about reliability

Hybrids seem like a reasonable near term target
The suspect the quality of batteries are about to massively improve in the coming years as well.
Hybrids are nice but long term I dont see how the Big 3 will be able to compete with Chinese cars given their prices and quality.

Once batteries improve and EVs continue to become significantly cheaper its just going to make sense to get an EV or a ICE cars. And Chinese manufacterers will have dominated that market.

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
Will the Chinese automakers have any U.S factories? Maybe that can be a compromise
They out here selling civics made in america for $40k and pick up trucks for $80k now days they ain't trying have to deal with real competition from china
Polestar has just built a factory in South Carolina that will start producing a higher level SUV in mid-2024. If anyone is going to buy an $80k+ Chinese EV in the U.S. in this economic climate is the question.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The suspect the quality of batteries are about to massively improve in the coming years as well.
Hybrids are nice but long term I dont see how the Big 3 will be able to compete with Chinese cars given their prices and quality.

Once batteries improve and EVs continue to become significantly cheaper its just going to make sense to get an EV or a ICE cars. And Chinese manufacterers will have dominated that market.
I doubt it honestly…the underlying chemistry is still all the same. We haven’t really seen how Teslas age after 10 years yet...

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
YOU CAN'T HIJACK CARS REMOTELY...VEHICLE CONTROLS AND ADAS IS FIREWALLED OFF. THERE IS NO REMOTE ACCESS. YOU WOULD NEED TO PHYSICALLY MODIFY THE VEHICLE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS. IT NOT A MATTER OF HACKING. IT WOULD TAMPERING.