China’s electric vehicle dominance presents a challenge to the west

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I'll wait a decade...or 2...
I would never drive a Chinese EV or an EV in general but the additional competition from a foreign manufacturer is good for consumers.

Unfortunately, the government will probably tariff the shyt out of those cars to keep them from being sold here in America.
Why not?

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Btw, fun fact. Tesla is the only foreign company out of all car manufacturers working in China that actually has a full ownership of their company. And not a minimum of 51% given to China....

In exchange Musk has Twitter filled with INCREDIBLE amount of chinese communist bots. Very often bots that been banned from facebook, etc. Coincidence? Yeah right :mjlol:
Tesla's agreement with the Chinese banks makes it nearly impossible for Tesla to repatriate any profits from its Chinese business. My guess is only Elon would be stupid enough to take that deal. I predict one of two things: Tesla sales in China stalls and they get the "Saleen" treatment, or it starts to outpace its western counterpart and breaks off from Tesla US / Elon inverts the entire company to a Chinese entity.

BYD looks scary, and the EU automakers are already panicking. The US automakers will too when BYD finishes its Mexico factory. Its not ready for the states yet, but here is a glimpse of how inexpensive BYD can make a 250 mile range EV....

Yes the shytty US grid can handle 50% of cars being EVs. The primary reason is the vast majority of charging occurs during off peak hours. Also Solar panel adoption is growing fast, which offsets any additional on-peak usage. EVs aren't for every lifestyle, but they fit the bill for the vast majority of home owners and people in 2 car families. If you think Americans are afraid to buy a Chinese made vehicle. Too late. The Buick Envista, Buick Envision, and Lincoln Nautilus are all manufactured in China, imported, then sold in the US.

Last edited: