Big Boy Club……Amex Gold & Platinum Discussion

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
it's just a rumor it's just what the people are saying
I'm with you though I was hesitant to pay the annual fee this year but i did the math and found out that even though it's steep I still use enough of the benefits to justify it
there's a calculator you could use to see if it would make sense to you
I’ve booked a few of the Fine Hotels and Resort Collection and it’s been worth it

Top notch service. Used it in Bali, Auckland, Sydney and Dubai the past couple months. Used the credit on food, massages etc

Between the Amex Plat and Sapphire Reserve we’ve been racking up points and perks

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Canceled my Amex plat recently, built up around 200k points and transferred it to Air France when it had a 25% bonus. Took my family on Air France business class round trip to Paris on their a350 and there was a miles promotion too. Easily 6k per ticket if using money. Great flight, amazing service.

Recently got the venture x with the 75k bonus along with 500k points in my chase sapphire reserve account, thinking first class to Asia somewhere. Going to downgrade sapphire soon, then sign up for more shyt and build up my points again. It’s been at least 4 years since my last sapphire bonus so I think I can just get it again.

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the best travel credit card?

Please help.
There is no one card...I would cop the amex plat if you can and get the points. You have to spend 4k in one month for 3 months Ispend way over thanks monthly so it was easy for me. You get like 750 dollars of travel pointa... believe. Then apply for a double cash card. I have about 1k of points on that one.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
There is no one card...I would cop the amex plat if you can and get the points. You have to spend 4k in one month for 3 months Ispend way over thanks monthly so it was easy for me. You get like 750 dollars of travel pointa... believe. Then apply for a double cash card. I have about 1k of points on that one.
Okay.

I need to book this flight next week and a few other large purchases. Im tryna get a free flight for later this year 😅

I’m doing a lot of research right now.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Okay.

I need to book this flight next week and a few other large purchases. Im tryna get a free flight for later this year 😅

I’m doing a lot of research right now.

Let me know how you do. I be making big ass purchases with my gold and don’t see the rewards too much. lol

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Venture X?

I have the basic Venture card but I want lounge access.

Platinum is the best travel card in the game. Lounge access you get access to the centurion lounges, Delta SkyLounge and priority pass. It’s pays for itself with the $200 hotel credit and $200 flight credit every 6 months. The Uber credit is $15 per month and $35 in December you can use on Ubereats if you’re not traveling. You get digital media credit 20 dollars a month I use it on Hulu+disney and peacock. You get Walmart plus so you get paramount for free. Venture is second best. You get 2x on everything I run them both.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Platinum is the best travel card in the game. Lounge access you get access to the centurion lounges, Delta SkyLounge and priority pass. It’s pays for itself with the $200 hotel credit and $200 flight credit every 6 months. The Uber credit is $15 per month and $35 in December you can use on Ubereats if you’re not traveling. You get digital media credit 20 dollars a month I use it on Hulu+disney and peacock. You get Walmart plus so you get paramount for free. Venture is second best. You get 2x on everything I run them both.
Ok thanks. Damn I use Walmart plus often too 😅😅😅

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
went to Hartsfield Jackson Airport's (ATL) new Centurion Lounge the other day. One of the nicer lounges I've been to, looks like they had good food and drink options. It wasn't better than some airline lounges I've been in overseas, but it was a great option since Atlanta doesn't have Priority Pass Lounges in their domestic terminals

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I was about to be pissed when i saw amex delta reserve annual fee increased by $100 bringing it to $650

But then i saw the new benefits
Companion tickets can got to all 50 states now (Alaska and Hawaii were excluded).
Companion tickets can include travel to the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.

More specifically, travel is allowed to any of these destinations: United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), Mexico, Antigua, Aruba, Bermuda, Bonaire, Grand Cayman, Cuba, Jamaica, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic, Saint Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Honduras, El Salvador.

$240 Resy annual credit

$120 ride share annual credit

$200 towards delta stay (booking hotel through them)

$650 annual fee
-200 hotel
-240 Resy
-120 ride share
=
$90 annual fee

Card is well worth it

Last edited:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I was about to be pissed when i saw amex delta reserve annual fee increased by $100 bringing it to $650

But then i saw the new benefits
Companion tickets can got to all 50 states now (Alaska and Hawaii were excluded).
Companion tickets can include travel to the United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.

More specifically, travel is allowed to any of these destinations: United States (including Alaska and Hawaii), Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), Mexico, Antigua, Aruba, Bermuda, Bonaire, Grand Cayman, Cuba, Jamaica, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic, Saint Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Costa Rica, Belize, Guatemala, Panama, Honduras, El Salvador.

$240 Resy annual credit

$120 ride share annual credit

$200 towards delta stay (booking hotel through them)

$650 annual fee
-200 hotel
-240 Resy
-120 ride share
=
$80 annual fee

Card is well worth it
If you’re flying out of the country twice a year and domestically 4 times its worth it.

If you travel for work and can put it on your own tab and get reimbursed instead of your corporate card it’s a no brainer.

Couple that with the enhanced limits on entertainment :ohlawd:

Real nikka ain’t even mad flashing the potpourri platinum :myman: