Big Daddy Kane Claims Eminem Is "The Kobe Bryant Of Hip Hop''

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
rick ross was the most popular rapper in black america at one point.

what would a black Eminem do that would remotely get him to such a status??

i'll wait.

I respect your opinion but could easily say that Rick Ross wasnt the most popular rapper in black America with my opinion :yeshrug:

BUT I do know what you are saying, you can argue that he was. This will be an unpopular opinion but I'm willing to move goalposts if we all are.
But the peak of Eminem during MMLP and Up In Smoke wasnt due to him being white. He was attacking celebrities and on drugs, making mega star hits with Dre
and what not, even Stan and his disses on MMLP had little to do with him being white. Arguably, if he was black... he would have been criticized even more and had more press. Maybe not fan support but definitely press wise. You could use Snoop in this case of a black artist that blew up with Dre under similar circumstances. Once you are a household name it really dont matter what happens, Chris Brown... Snoop... Bobby Brown... Ja Rule etc all prove that fact. Black or White, he was already on a roll during MMLP ... it would be like saying "Eminem made 250 million because he's white and would only make 170 million if he was black." I mean :yeshrug: thats a win win.

Where he really benefited from being white, obviously besides die hard fans and sales, is the fact that it gave him a look. Without knowing he was white and how he looked in 1999 I wouldnt have checked the freestyle tapes he was doing and it would have taken a long ass time for him to gain traction. But thats what I mean by people taking initiative, Wayne did this with the Squad tapes. We all loved him on Cash Money, but he took it upon himself to show you that he could rap rap... he made you give him that no look download. You had to download Squad tapes after you heard one because you knew gems were gonna be all over it. Without those Squad tapes, Wayne is still a star but not a mega star like that. It just would have taken longer. Another better question for Eminem would be, if people allude to being white and complaining about his family is a crutch black artists wouldnt or couldnt use... then why would Eminem be the only one really doing it. I cant really name any other white artist on that wave at all... so its a pretty good niche lane that happens to speak his truth too. MC Serch, Necro, Vanilla Ice, etc never addressed being white really... they just "tried to be like the brothas" :russ: like "Am I down with the crew?" Eminem was around black people and did his own thing, talked about dropping LSD and snorting coke :russ: before 8mile which is irrelevant, he was saying "I'm a piece of shyt thats broke and I'm fukking white trash in a trailer park... my life is fukking terrible" He didnt ask "to be down" which was actually really refreshing. I think moreso than not, certain race shyt doesnt matter completely...but I think we all underestimate that Eminem is self proclaimed super white too, which makes convo weird because its like people want him to be a wigger and a biter... and he's always just been a white dude who loves hiphop and he's done it long enough to be excellent at it. To me, the convo is weird because he's never pandered or cared, he's always just made the music he wanted and marketed it well. I dunno, I just dont look at lyrics and hiphop as something with a limit on it... once I got older I noticed if you just stay in your lane... nothing else really matters. He can do shock rap and ultra spiritual miracle stuff ... but dudes like Ross and WU, Snoop doing country music, Boosie... all eat when the iron is hot. There's a wild amount of money to go around, Drake can be on top and Kanye can still be on top too, right with Jcole and Logic....I dont listen to half of these dudes but I cant say they arent marketable and stars at all.

Other dude said without the Dre cosign he wouldnt have a career.
Nah he would just alot slower, he had other deals and wouldnt be a mega star but he would easily still be a household name
Plus you are giving Dre too much credit when he's basically a talent scout. Dre was gonna find someone regardless.
You can say the same thing for any artist..."Wayne wouldnt be known without Cash Money" "Biggie wouldnt have released a single album without Puff"
"Dre Eazy and Ren wouldnt have made it if Ice Cube didnt start off their careers" What about Snoop? :yeshrug:50 without Em?

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps
lol em has did a bunch of sell out shyt and had the jimmy/dre machine behind him.

why are certain people hell bent on tryin to make em this pure underground grass root hip hop artist?

just cause he won some rap battles......lol

em will never be a goat to the people that matter in this shyt. and nope that's not the sell out rappers its the people from the streets that's where all this "hip hop" shyt come from and none of them give a fukk about the white people champ like that.

just another good "lyrical miracle" rapper with soulless music. no classic no replay value. had a good start and fell off early.

also another white claims to love black people but has racist shyt in they past. but certain nikkas like to look past that for the sake the real emcee culture. lol the irony. but let that had been jay/pac/nas/bigetc. you would never hear the end of it.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Eminem has managed to set himself as the only 'lyricist' or 'purist' in hip hop. That is unacceptable, and the only appeal he has with the old heads.

Shows just how much rap is a joke these days.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
lol em has did a bunch of sell out shyt and had the jimmy/dre machine behind him.

why are certain people hell bent on tryin to make em this pure underground grass root hip hop artist?

just cause he won some rap battles......lol

em will never be a goat to the people that matter in this shyt. and nope that's not the sell out rappers its the people from the streets that's where all this "hip hop" shyt come from and none of them give a fukk about the white people champ like that.

just another good "lyrical miracle" rapper with soulless music. no classic no replay value. had a good start and fell off early.

also another white claims to love black people but has racist shyt in they past. but certain nikkas like to look past that for the sake the real emcee culture. lol the irony. but let that had been jay/pac/nas/bigetc. you would never hear the end of it.

THIS
THIS
THIS

these dudes don't wanna hear that tho.

but we know what it is.

Black Eminem could lie about selling kilos and have dudes :banderas:

youre talking fantasy.

black Eminem = chino xl, cannibus, etc.

That's just not true.

Ye, jay, Wayne, tip, and others were all bigger than Ross even at his biggest

NAW

in the early'10s, none of them were hotter than rick ross.

MMG was the only entity that consistently kept hip-hop alive in the mainstream rap scene. just about everything else was either faq rap, kidz bop or old washed rappers staying in the way.

But the peak of Eminem during MMLP and Up In Smoke wasnt due to him being white. He was attacking celebrities and on drugs, making mega star hits with Dre
and what not, even Stan and his disses on MMLP had little to do with him being white. Arguably, if he was black... he would have been criticized even more and had more press. Maybe not fan support but definitely press wise. You could use Snoop in this case of a black artist that blew up with Dre under similar circumstances. Once you are a household name it really dont matter what happens, Chris Brown... Snoop... Bobby Brown... Ja Rule etc all prove that fact. Black or White, he was already on a roll during MMLP ... it would be like saying "Eminem made 250 million because he's white and would only make 170 million if he was black." I mean :yeshrug: thats a win win.

Where he really benefited from being white, obviously besides die hard fans and sales, is the fact that it gave him a look. Without knowing he was white and how he looked in 1999 I wouldnt have checked the freestyle tapes he was doing and it would have taken a long ass time for him to gain traction. But thats what I mean by people taking initiative, Wayne did this with the Squad tapes. We all loved him on Cash Money, but he took it upon himself to show you that he could rap rap... he made you give him that no look download. You had to download Squad tapes after you heard one because you knew gems were gonna be all over it. Without those Squad tapes, Wayne is still a star but not a mega star like that. It just would have taken longer. Another better question for Eminem would be, if people allude to being white and complaining about his family is a crutch black artists wouldnt or couldnt use... then why would Eminem be the only one really doing it. I cant really name any other white artist on that wave at all... so its a pretty good niche lane that happens to speak his truth too. MC Serch, Necro, Vanilla Ice, etc never addressed being white really... they just "tried to be like the brothas" :russ: like "Am I down with the crew?" Eminem was around black people and did his own thing, talked about dropping LSD and snorting coke

Other dude said without the Dre cosign he wouldnt have a career.
Nah he would just alot slower, he had other deals and wouldnt be a mega star but he would easily still be a household name
Plus you are giving Dre too much credit when he's basically a talent scout. Dre was gonna find someone regardless.
You can say the same thing for any artist..."Wayne wouldnt be known without Cash Money" "Biggie wouldnt have released a single album without Puff"
"Dre Eazy and Ren wouldnt have made it if Ice Cube didnt start off their careers" What about Snoop? :yeshrug:50 without Em?

how can you say that the peak Eminem run wasn't due to him being white?
you gotta ask himself, how many of those songs would've been hits if he was a black rapper??

you mention the "up in smoke tour" but the vast majority of people in attendance for that show were white. now compare those crowds to the demographics that showed up in the same buildings to see the ruff ryders/cash money tour just a couple months prior. its like night & day.

you mention the controversy that came from his music, but the mainstream coverage wouldn't be there if he was a some hip-hoppity low-tier rap city act, which is basically what he would've been if he was black.

and I don't even agree that dr dre made Eminem like others are saying, so I don't know why youre arguing with me about that. dre & Eminem needed each other. dr dre was dead in the water and needed a wave to ride. Eminem needed a big black mainstream name to cosign him and make white people feel comfortable gassing him up. those two, along with jimmy iovine were the perfect match. dr dre gave white folks the green light on the Eminem stannery, and in turn, Eminem saved dr dre's career.

and you cant say that snoop blew up under dre. they moreso blew up together. people forget that the idea of dr dre cutting a solo record was some questionable chit. the duo of dre & snoop is what made it pop, and snoop was basically the star of the album.

50 cent was huge before the shady/aftermath deal. there was a bidding war over him.

lil wayne??? meh, he wasn't really spittin like that. his best stuff on the emceeing side of things was usually ghostwritten. those squad tapes were moreso hyped up by the newer generation who were working with a lower bar of acceptance. hence the reason why lil wayne has been in the game for well over two decades and is pushing 40, but yet most people who hold him in the highest regard are much much younger. dude is not a good example at all bro.

I don't know about ice cube starting off dre/ren/eazy's careers. he wasn't even the star of the group.​

Last edited:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Inches

THIS
THIS
THIS

these dudes don't wanna hear that tho.

but we know what it is.

youre talking fantasy.

black Eminem = chino xl, cannibus, etc.

NAW

in the early'10s, none of them were hotter than rick ross.

MMG was the only entity that consistently kept hip-hop alive in the mainstream rap scene. just about everything else was either faq rap, kidz bop or old washed rappers staying in the way.

Y u uppin this old azz thread, ya simp

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Looking like Big Daddy Koon to me. Em is a guest in our culture. How dare he utter some shyt like this.
You cacs created basketball according to written history :mjpls: so Kobe is a guest in the sport?