Big L biopic called Put It On, is in the works casting call NYC

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
His story is way too messy, anything that could ever be released would just be some phony shyt. Fans want some type of closure but a lot of lives were destroyed in that 139th Street crew beef.

Big Lee and one of 139th street guys he was beefing with had babies by two blood sisters prior to falling out. Keep in mind this is over 25 years ago. This makes everything worse, because these two families that have beef are now family.

One of those children (Big Lee's son) was murdered in 2019 just a few blocks away from where his uncle was killed. Probably had just dropped his son off at the local YMCA. There is no happy ending with any of this, asking for a documentary is borderline selfish at this point.

NY Daily News - We are currently unavailable in your region

I also think a lot of people are going to realize Big L wasn't some innocent victim...

Right. As a kid hearing about the story back in the days thought L got hit up over his brother shyt

explain breh :unimpressed:

so thats not true? I was always told it was a mistaken identity and he had a twin or some shyt..i knew he did dirt but i didnt know the extent because i was only like 13 in 1999

Big L's older brother Lee tried to have some of his longtime homies killed while he was in jail. One of the guys name was Gee. He sent Big L wit the shooter he hired, to point out who Gee was. Gee got away tho.

Big L told people about the hit and word got back to Gee.

So Gee killed Big L :yeshrug:

He couldn't have thought he was his brother cuz his bro was doing a bid in jail.

Honestly Lee seemed like a real grimey dude

If you have the time to watch this, watch it. It basically tells you everything.

A lot of Harlem history in there. From Alpo & Rich to Dame Dash to Asap Ferg's Father.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That 40 second clip actually gave me hope it looks very appropriate for the time and place of the story.

I'm not sure what y'all expected it to look but the shootout scene & apartment scene looked like mid to late 90's Harlem to me. If you lived in the poorer parts of Harlem that's how people dressed army fatigues and nasty colorful leathers.