Billionaire breh paying off all of the Morehouse class of 2019 student loans

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:wow:

The negativity on here kills me sometimes. People asking if he's "pro-black" because of his wife; if paying off the student loans of hundreds of black men enabling them to build black generational wealth isn't pro-black, I don't know what is.

:blessed:

This thread highlights, among other threads here, how damaged a lot of people in the community are. It seems that some people are so beaten up by life they always see an ulterior motive behind any good deed. Much of the problem can be all the narrative-driven media consumed.

yyy

All Star
Daps
As this thread demonstrates, there are some people in the Black community that love to hate and complain, regardless of the situation. The dude decides to wipe out student loans for 400 graduates and people bring up his ex-wife and say he's not black. Other people bring up the fact that charity isn't a replacement for policy. Both miss the point. Choosing to let negativity dominate their perspective. Some times you need to just take a step back and appreciate simple acts of kindness. He did not have to do this. He could have kept his money and wealth to himself. This dude with one sentence changed the 400 lives. All over the news are articles about his act of kindness, an act that embodies and epitomizes the phrase "Black Excellence." Black kids will see this story and say to themselves, "I want to be able to do something like that some day."

If you can't even find the time to appreciate something as beautiful as this. I feel very sorry for you. Hopefully, the news media will continue to cover these 400 Black men going forward. One act of love does not exist in isolation. Hopefully, these 400 Black Men pay it forward. Reading this shyt made my day!
The Student-Debt Crisis Hits Hardest at Historically Black Colleges

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I never called them out by name and I said they MIGHT spin this. Even prayed that they don't. Keep cooking tho

:comeon: Stop it...it was clear who you were referring to and then you followed it up with the "data" shot , you maaaad thirsty to shyt on them. You probably currently refreshing Yvette's twitter page every couple of minutes hoping she say some slick shyt now that Tone showed love.:heh:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
As this thread demonstrates, there are some people in the Black community that love to hate and complain, regardless of the situation. The dude decides to wipe out student loans for 400 graduates and people bring up his ex-wife and say he's not black. Other people bring up the fact that charity isn't a replacement for policy. Both miss the point. Choosing to let negativity dominate their perspective. Some times you need to just take a step back and appreciate simple acts of kindness. He did not have to do this. He could have kept his money and wealth to himself. This dude with one sentence changed the 400 lives. All over the news are articles about his act of kindness, an act that embodies and epitomizes the phrase "Black Excellence." Black kids will see this story and say to themselves, "I want to be able to do something like that some day."

If you can't even find the time to appreciate something as beautiful as this. I feel very sorry for you. Hopefully, the news media will continue to cover these 400 Black men going forward. One act of love does not exist in isolation. Hopefully, these 400 Black Men pay it forward. Reading this shyt made my day!
The Student-Debt Crisis Hits Hardest at Historically Black Colleges

Well said.:salute:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You are so predictable with your animosity towards Tone and Yvette. I knew you would be the first poster to mention them and you didn't disappoint. :pachaha:

Only reason Tone gave this man props was that it gave him an opportunity to shyt on Obama in the very next tweet.

Dude never misses and opportunity to shyt on a prominent black man.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
Only reason Tone gave this man props was that it gave him an opportunity to shyt on Obama in the very next tweet.

Dude never misses and opportunity to shyt on a prominent black man.

:lolbron:So now that the idea that Tone would hate on Smith has been exhausted, the goal posts have been moved to "shytting on prominent black men" byway of him repeating a prevalent criticism of Obama's Morehouse speech. Nice move beloved, nice move. :troll:

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:lolbron:So now that the idea that Tone would hate on Smith has been exhausted, the goal posts have been moved to "shytting on prominent black men" byway of him repeating a prevalent criticism of Obama's Morehouse speech. Nice move beloved, nice move. :troll:

No goal post moved, just saying, he throw Rob a bone, because he'd rather shyt on someone of bigger stature. Either way his daily goal of hating on prominent beloved black men like Obama, Jay-Z, etc is achieved. Dude is basically a contrarian troll for views and retweets.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be folly to accept publicized acts of charity at face value. Whenever a rich/famous person pulls a stunt like this the analytical mind can't help but wonder if theres a hidden agenda at play here. Some folks even harbor the same degree of dubiety whenever Bill Gates launches a campaign to give out vaccines to African people. We live in a cruel and harsh world and altruism is rarer than a non-racist white person.

Why is he doing this? Is he a genuinely good person that actually cares? Perhaps. Or perhaps this is the preliminary phase of his foray into a political career? Or maybe he wants to gain a seat at the board? Have a statue erected in his name? Every human being on this planet is motivated by self-interest.

yyy

All Star
Daps
It would be folly to accept publicized acts of charity at face value. Whenever a rich/famous person pulls a stunt like this the analytical mind can't help but wonder if theres a hidden agenda at play here. Some folks even harbor the same degree of dubiety whenever Bill Gates launches a campaign to give out vaccines to African people. We live in a cruel and harsh world and altruism is rarer than a non-racist white person.

Why is he doing this? Is he a genuinely good person that actually cares? Perhaps. Or perhaps this is the preliminary phase of his foray into a political career? Or maybe he wants to gain a seat at the board? Have a statue erected in his name? Every human being on this planet is motivated by self-interest.
If another shoe drops another shoe drops. But why does it matter? Tell me another human being who has wiped out student loan debt for 400 Black Men. If someone went and donated 100 million to Howard and then started a Presidential campaign the next day, does that invalidate his gift? Intentions might matter, but the reality is that the lives of 400 Black men just changed. And there's nothing wrong with celebrating that fact. Acts of love for Black Men, in a world that makes loving Black Men hard, are with celebrating.