Bills' Andre Smith apologizes for hit on Bears QB Justin Fields

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Chicago, Andre Smith is sorry.

In the Buffalo Bills’ preseason contest against the Chicago Bears, depth linebacker Andre Smith had another productive outing. He led the Bills in tackles, but one moment stood out and it wasn’t exactly a pretty play.

Bears quarterback Justin Fields notably does not tighten the straps on the side of his helmet… but when Smith ran in untouched on him during the game, the defender got a little high the QB and knocked him near his head. Fields’ helmet even flew off.

Smith was flagged for a roughing the passer penalty on the play.

I'm so sick of this p*ssy ass fukking era why didn't fields just have his helmet strapped why didn't the Bears fukking block:stopitslime:

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man didnt need to apologize for that.
that hit was Fields not recognizing the blitz at the line and thats what happen when QBs dont make the change in the blocking assignments or dont have a hot route to get it to

i did like that later in the game, he corrected the issue and made the quick throw
kRWShrM.gif

No..Money..Mo..Problems

it is what it is
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide
man didnt need to apologize for that.
that hit was Fields not recognizing the blitz at the line and thats what happen when QBs dont make the change in the blocking assignments or dont have a hot route to get it to

i did like that later in the game, he corrected the issue and made the quick throw
kRWShrM.gif

Did you not see the hit he went straight for fields neck/head area. Just cuz your a free rusher and the qb doesn't see you don't mean you can target the head. That was a dirty hit you do that against Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson or Brady and I guarantee you a brawl happens

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Did you not see the hit he went straight for fields neck/head area. Just cuz your a free rusher and the qb doesn't see you don't mean you can target the head. That was a dirty hit you do that against Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson or Brady and I guarantee you a brawl happens
You shouldn't, but it happens to guys outside that tier (and even in that tier sometimes) all the time. A brawl doesn't dissuade against that, shyt happens to Russell 4 or 5 times a year seemingly. The league putting a foot up your ass does, and they're not gonna do that for sticking the hell outta rookie

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
This cracker bytch stay mad af fukk with the young gawd fields. :bryan:

Nothing exposes a cac more than confident young black men
Same goes for the young, outspoken, so-called "Diva' wide receivers.

"I can't wait for him to come across the middle and *insert cac linebacker's name* lays him on his ass."

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's the problem. I think Andre Smith went high as to not hurt Justin Fields knees. The problem is if you you go for the body and you slip and hit his legs you still might get knees. I just don't think he expected to have such a clear path.
It looks bad and it’s dangerous (obviously it’s dangerous either way) but I bet you if given the choice Fields and most QBs are preferring to be hit too high as opposed to fukking their knees or legs up.