Billy Ado & Seqo Billy on 6ix9ine and the REAL Origins of Treway

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Bloods and Crips did not come from Black Panthers :snoop:
Not literally, he's wrong on that but in spirit I would say yes. Like if you look at some of the Panthers and even the Nation Of Islam those were street guys who channeled their rebelliousness and created a counterculture so to speak by not playing by American societies rules, using weaponry to defend themselves and instilling black pride in our people. While you had many people in the Panthers who were college activist and scholars even, you also had people who were fresh off the streets using their rebelliousness and fearlessness to become revolutionaries for our people and to serve a greater cause than committing crimes and wasting their potential.

After the Panthers went down this kind of space for that energy disappeared and then the street gangs took their place in a sense and not that they didn't exist before the Panthers but they became more widespread. Many street gangs even had a socially conscious aspect to them where they teach certain lessons and things like that but I'm not sure if they still do that nowadays.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Not literally, he's wrong on that but in spirit I would say yes. Like if you look at some of the Panthers and even the Nation Of Islam those were street guys who channeled their rebelliousness and created a counterculture so to speak by not playing by American societies rules, using weaponry to defend themselves and instilling black pride in our people. While you had many people in the Panthers who were college activist and scholars even, you also had people who were fresh off the streets using their rebelliousness and fearlessness to become revolutionaries for our people and to serve a greater cause than committing crimes and wasting their potential.

After the Panthers went down this kind of space for that energy disappeared and then the street gangs took their place in a sense and not that they didn't exist before the Panthers but they became more widespread. Many street gangs even had a socially conscious aspect to them where they teach certain lessons and things like that but I'm not sure if they still do that nowadays.
I wouldn’t say so in spirit how so? The Crips in those days were not affiliated with the Nation or Panthers. To me it’s disrespectful to even put them together. Guys who were Crips is who the Nation or BP would look to reform. They were a young street club/gang of misguided teens and their main goals was criminality, money pursuit, neighborhood pride, brotherhood, protection. A typical youth street gang. Read Tookie’s book man there was nothing positive or pro-black about Crips in fact in the book he talks about strong feelings of self hate and rage in his adolescence.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
I wouldn’t say so in spirit how so? The Crips in those days were not affiliated with the Nation or Panthers. To me it’s disrespectful to even put them together. Guys who were Crips is who the Nation or BP would look to reform. They were a young street club/gang of misguided teens and their main goals was criminality, money pursuit, neighborhood pride, brotherhood, protection. A typical youth street gang. Read Tookie’s book man there was nothing positive or pro-black about Crips in fact in the book he talks about strong feelings of self hate and rage in his adolescence.
You said it in your own post, those were the kind of people the Panthers would reform. After the Panthers was destroyed the people didn't have that more positive route to go but at the core of both groups are young people who refuse to do things the traditional route like working a 9 to 5 or be a slave to a system that gave them limited opportunity. They decided to take things in their own hands even if it was destructive but if the Panthers could have reached them some of them would have been doing things more constructively instead.

It's similar how you would see some brothers go into jail as criminals then become a black Muslim and come out wanting to do positive work in the community. I guess a way of putting it is that it's the same spirit but repurposed instead of the people using that energy to do wrong they use it to build up the community. Another example is the drug dealer or street huster, if they took that same energy many of them could become brilliant legit black entrepreneurs and there have been some that have done that like Fifty Cent.