Birdman: "On the backside, it won't be sweet for you! Any contract can be re-contracted!

jilla82

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I fuk w/ Baby because he makes this shyt so comical...but what he is saying is real.

Years ago while I was in school I took a record company class at NYU.
It was taught by a corny white dude who owned a label.

He said the EXACT same thing Baby said here (minue the N.O. slang).
People dont want to think about all the money they lose on the 95% of artist that dont do anything...
...the execs are trying to make all their money on the 1 artist that makes it.

Slangtonomo

Formerly Slang Dussain Ali
Daps
Reppin
www.weohh.com
he didn't sign with bird and he recently talked about how they had a conversation and he realized he would have to make a bigger name for himself in his city before signing to cash money in miami and waiting behind people

And thst part is where most rappers work ethic kill them.

You have to make yourself hot before a label will put your project out. That's where tour grind and investing in yourself come in.

You have to find a way to get your name out there and get your own buzz. The label will spend all your advance trying to do it, and you don't want that.

Give you an example...

When Drake dropped that ONE line in the Meek diss, I who was unfamiliar with AR AB was like :ohhh: "Who's that...sound like someone interesting. I wonder if he's worth hearing". But I never heard anything from AR.

AR should have jumped up and been all over the place. Had a banger loaded in the chamber. Jumped on a couple cameos. Did some national radio. Basically been ready to make himself hot...not wait on Baby to spend his advance trying.

Daps
I fuk w/ Baby because he makes this shyt so comical...but what he is saying is real.

Years ago while I was in school I took a record company class at NYU.
It was taught by a corny white dude who owned a label.

He said the EXACT same thing Baby said here (minue the N.O. slang).
People dont want to think about all the money they lose on the 95% of artist that dont do anything...
...the execs are trying to make all their money on the 1 artist that makes it.

There nothing wrong with baby said, the label has been putting up millions on you before you release a song so of course when the money comes in they gotta get that return on investment.

This issue that comes into play is that when the artist recoups all that money for and makes you tons in profits you can be fair to that artist and rewrite that initial contract to make sure they get their fair share, but greed always takes over. That's what LA Reid said the issue with tony Braxton was, she came out selling so much and was so successful that the label was supposed to give her the option to redo the contract.

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Going to the club with 10 gs
And the bar tab say thats all on baby
Lettin all these n1ggas and broads
drink for free
Playboy you gotta understand
one thing
That shyt all on cash money

:birdman:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
St louis
sign with cash money breh.
:mjlol:

wat6rr.jpg

@ReallyReal

504 Soulja
Daps
Reppin
7th Ward Mind Frame
Sounds like you two have a deep relationship :ehh:

Yea nikka.......a fukking super deep relationship.......fukk u think this is.....
bytch i bleed CMR......Black Connection 226 ya bytch youuu......
bytch im 20+ yrs deep with CMR fukk u talking bout
nikka im New Orleans til the casket drop....
if u know that then u know its CMR 4 Life stupid
yea like i said i took Wayne side.....felt sorry for my lil bro
but at then end of the day......nikka the motto was
"Ball til we Fall"......nikka a gangsta for real on this bullshyt
nikka fukk what u talking bout.....