Bishop Lamont was suppose to be Kendrick Lamar...

HigherLiving

King of the Friend Zone
Daps
Reppin
UK
this is the first time ive heard about a brother in ages. what happened to him? :huhldup:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
Never was he on the level of K Dot. He is a pretty decent rapper but he ain't nowhere near what Kendrick is.

early kendrick aint nowhere bishop...kendrick early shyt is 10000000% trash...compare that to now u would swear he had a ghost writer...he a entirely different rapper

twoface2178

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm a fan of Bishop Lamont. He and Stat Quo have to feel some kinda way about Kendrick's album being released so quickly.

mrkaine

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what happened? what went wrong? why he get dropped? he came in on the same tip as k.dot west coast cat on some real hip-hop shyt i actually think he was more marketable then kendrick but when "grow up" didn't blow it dre just gave up on him.

classic mixtape :noah:

bishop_lamont-nggernoise-dubcnn.jpg

bishop performing "grow up" :lawd:

NEW Bishop Lamont & Dr. Dre "Grow Up" video and DETOX talk!! Beats Headphones By Dr. Dre - YouTube

bishop on a 9th wonder track :ahh:

Bishop Lamont - First They Love You (prod. 9th Wonder) - YouTube

I was looking at the 2012 BET Awards and said the same thing when I saw the West Coast cypher. Bishop Lamont was supposed to be there too. I think his problem was that he was too monotone and he didn't have the sense of presence that he needed, to take him to the next level. A perfect example of this is that song he has with Xzibit, Hallelujah. Compare Bishop Lamont's energy to X to Z's and he can't match up. He is nice but he is just missing that "umpth" factor. That's why he isn't there. And it's not a promise that Kendrick Lamar is gonna stay there either. You gotta be built for that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQeCDb99wNU]Bishop Lamont - Hallelujah ft Xzibit [Produced By Dr Dre] - YouTube[/ame]

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
n/h but I've heard a few cats even say that one of the problems was that Bishop didn't have "a look or style" about himself. He was just a big nicca in a white tee

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
That Beats video really shows why he got dropped. Lamont is a clown, he's not serious, he says a lot of off color shyt that pisses profesionalists like Dre off. Compare him to Kendrick, who stays in pocket and works hard nonstop. Also Bishop just didn't have the records to justify a major Interscope push

(based on some shyt I've heard from an A&R)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never Was able to get into any of Bishop Lamont's Mix-tapes, but that "Grow Up" track is almost timeless, perfectly executed, from the beat to the lyrics

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Grow Up is a classic in my opinion.

he got laced with incredible beats, i dont know but the music was never that great. maybe it wasnt mastered well enough, maybe i just wasn't feelin it like that

he got laced on those tapes, he had an opportunity. imo he blew it cause grow up is the only truly great song he ever had