Superstar
Daps
Nice but I only went to philly on a layover and didn’t leave the airport

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is what I'm talking about. Invest in your community. They got tired of people in power not doing the right thing and they took measures into their own hands.
This is a good idea. Surprised we haven't seen more of these.

I think things like this occur on smaller scales around the country. There are weekly farmer's markets in certain locations out here during the Summer.

There's always been the take-charge element of folks in our communities. And as much as we can, have to support them so that they can develop.

I've been hearing and reading writers talk about "food deserts" and the latest term "food apartheid" for years now. At this point, if those writers aren't supporting grass roots community ways of addressing the issue, they are just exploiting those terms for content deals and for lecture circuit engagements.

Last edited:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I think things like this occur on smaller scales around the country. There are weekly farmer's markets in certain locations out here during the Summer.

There's always been the take-charge element of folks in our communities. And as much as we can, have to support them so that they can develop.

I've been hearing and reading writers talk about "food deserts" and the latest term "food apartheid" for years now. At this point, if those writers aren't supporting grass roots community ways of addressing the issue, they are just exploiting those terms for content deals and for lecture circuit engagements.
I think all this falls under the importance of supporting local business. Its different when you actually know the person running the store in your neighborhood vs a franchise with a corporate headquarters and faceless, nameless share holders who couldn't care less about the community.

Black men and women already primarily go to local hair stylists and barber shops. Black men are objectively the best barbers and get a lot of support in the community these days I even see more white people studying under and working at black owned shops and choosing black barbers. Whenever I can, I'll eat at a local restaurant or buy from a local shop. I think a lot of people are scared to take that first step in starting the business but they need to be reassured that black people will and do have their back.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Culture

Omar Tate & Cybille St.Aude-Tate on Celebrating Black Foodways and Building Better Food Systems in Philadelphia​

The couple behind the newly opened Afrocentric grocer and cafe Honeysuckle Provisions chats with us on this week’s episode of Place Settings

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I'm talking about. Invest in your community. They got tired of people in power not doing the right thing and they took measures into their own hands.

How exactly is this investing into "the community"? Are they pushing healthier lifestyles and eating since "the community" has medical issues that have to do with bad food choices and limited options even? Its a whole lot deeper than that. Just cant put anybody in a position of power if they have no clue what theyre doing.