Black cocoa growers across the Continent + Diaspora form a Co-op, the Cross Atlantic Chocolate Collective

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

*excerpt of presentation about the aims of the co-op

============================

love-with-cocoa9272157b7401915d.jpg

flag-collective.jpg

*factsheet

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is essential, it’s a huge undertaking tho and will take a lot of resolve. I hope this project is successful. Do you think western countries will play fair?
They won't. But if the co-op stands firm there isn't much they can die.

About time cocoa growers got their share. Hopefully coffee growers do the same.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Absolutely not. The Swiss companies have already been trying to bribe people behind the scenes to protect their interests.
I’m not surprised
They won't. But if the co-op stands firm there isn't much they can die.

About time cocoa growers got their share. Hopefully coffee growers do the same.
Yes they can, there are a lot of hurdles to overcome.

They can sanction you over some nonsense
Instigate civil war in your country. Tried and tested.
Refuse to insure your product for shipment
Put ur product through useless searches
Prevent u from using certain shipping vessels
Change the law so something that was perfectly fine when they were doing it is no longer viable

I hope that there is enough support for this for people to make money in their own countries.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
This is essential, it’s a huge undertaking tho and will take a lot of resolve. I hope this project is successful. Do you think western countries will play fair?
This is one of several efforts to challenge the economic status quo of the industry. The others have come from govt. agricultural boards, regional agr. boards, and individuals who have taken over local businesses.
Most recently, a Ghanaian business owner made a deal with milk producing region in America to build processing infrastructure here.

This co-op is another effort, with a wider range of participants. Unique synergy between them based on geography and the strengths of the individuals involved.

Big business never plays fair, but that doesn't deter our thinkers and entrepreneurs from pushing forward.

Complexion

ʇdᴉɹɔsǝɥʇdᴉlɟ
Daps
One more thing:

Price of the chocolate chip going up.

The fact the co-op is called CACC is just icing on the cake. Got to be a Coli breh in there somewhere. :russ:

If you look into the business of coffee and how these corporations squeeze the farmers you'll see its straight up extortion and pimping disguised as business.