Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
0358baf81685e3c63562f44af6b464ad

A Connecticut man who was assaulted by three juveniles while at work has been sentenced to prison for stabbing one of the attackers.

The Connecticut Post reports 21-year-old Jeffrey Sumpter of Bridgeport received 18 months in jail Monday at a Stamford courthouse.

The paper reported that Sumpter — who was convicted of felony first-degree assault — also will have to spend three years following his release on probation. If he breaks the law during that time, Sumpter could be made to serve all or part of a 42-month prison sentence.

Sumpter was working at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Norwalk last October when he was jumped by three males.

After being assaulted inside the coffee shop, Sumpter ran outside and stabbed one of the men.

“I was defending myself,” Sumpter said during the hearing.

Judge John Blawie told Sumpter that he believed his version of events, but had to follow the letter of the law.​

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Damn! Not a ‘Stand Your Ground’ state.

As hard as it is, should have just took the L.

j.smooth4

All Star
Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
He shouldn't have chased after them but at the same time they jumped him. No one died. The judge should have given him a misdemeanor with community service now this young mans life is ruined with a felony that will follow him the rest of his life (no gainful jobs/military/college and he can never own a gun legally) and to add to his 2 years he has to be a bytch to a parole officer for 5 years.

To add insult to injury he was poor so he had a sorry ass public defender handle his case.

I hate this justice system in the U.S. I could never work or support it in any way i.e. law enforcement/PO/Judge/prosecutor etc. So fukking corrupt.

Daps
unfortunately people confuse what legal self defense is all the time. self defense is using reasonable force to prevent imminent harm to yourself. usually "imminent" is established when you are actually confronted by an aggressor. if an aggressor is retreating from you and you follow them then its hard to establish self defense (at that point you aren't preventing any harm to yourself, you are actually exposing yourself to more harm). retaliation is not self defense. mutual combat is not self defense.

nevertheless, in this case i think the judge could have gone easier on him but we know that is a risk that doesn't pay off for most minorities.

Last edited:

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
It’s because he stabbed them outside of his work place, he would have been covered by the company if he didn’t. Still, dunkin donuts is fukking up for that but they’d be hit with a counter suit if they stepped up.

Basically, a whole lot of L’s in this situation simply because of our (Connecticut’s) legal system...

Even the last sentence said the judge believed him but “had to follow the letter of the law” which is bullshyt too

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
honestly, there really should be a special fund set up and contributed to by all wealthy black people in the US to help brehs like this so they get better lawyers. sounds naive, but, this is ridiculous. these racist judges always follow the same bullsh1t line "sucks but i have to follow the law". nah b1tch. u dont have to. you can choose to show leniency or not!