Black feminist calls black men terrorists

dongameister

Rookie
Daps
Because "Harrasser" Is Just Not Enough: Why I Consider Calling Black Men Terrorists

"
A couple of weeks ago, Damon Young, of Very Smart Brothas, wrote a piece titled, Straight Black Men are the White People of Black People.

I saw the title and rejoiced. Because for years, decades even, Black women have been trying to tell the entire Black community that one of our biggest threats in the world is the very Black men we’ve birthed. In the same way that White men use their power and their gender to oppress virtually every one else, is the same way Black men oppress the only group they can, Black women.

It’s disappointing. Particularly when Black women have been Black men’s biggest and often, only supporters. And as much as fellow Black women argue that we should leave Black men alone to take care of themselves for a change, that will never happen. Not only are we too loyal, we’ll never turn our backs on our own. Not our own children, our own fathers, brothers and uncles and not our community.

And for better or worse, Black men know that sh*t, deep down in their souls. It’s the reason Black men from T.I. to Kevin Hart to Chris Rock to Jay Z and more than a handful of others can do everything from cheat on to publicly disrespect and degrade their wives. They know she’ll never leave. It’s the reason the Black men never have to attend a march or rally for Rekia Boyd or Sandra Bland. They know that even when they don’t show up for us, we’ll be there for them. It’s the reason my neighbors were bumping R Kelly’s greatest hits just yesterday, knowing damn well he has a long and storied history of preying on young girls and a current harem of young, Black women involved in a sexual cult.

In the words of Michael Jackson, “They don’t really care about us.”

When I was talking to my coworkers yesterday and was thinking about this piece, I thought to title it the ways Black men terrorize Black women. Then I thought the word terror might be too extreme. Then again, I wanted to use it because apparently, harass, disrespect, dismiss, ignore, diminish, and degrade don’t seem to be getting the brothas’ attention. In fact, when the conversation of street harassment started being discussed among Black men, many of them dismissed our very real concerns as women trying to emasculate them, take away the thrill of the hunt, push the gay agenda. Maybe the word and terrorist will solicit a reaction that makes the brothas pay attention to what the women around them have been saving."

dongameister

Rookie
Daps
Lol I just realize another brotha posted the same thing, but yea black feminists today are sounding like the klan. Mods, feel free to delete this thread.