Black HIStory: The complete Temisan Adoki discography thread (1997-2015)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
you should post more of this in the booth breh breh.

propss btw
Thanks.

Yea...I kind of didn't know where to put this thread...I'm just so used to posting here and the booth and the tunnel are very hip hop centric...Needless to say mods can move this one to where they deem fit.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Alrighty...here are some LP offerings from last year....

Diazedine...This is some very disorienting and otherworldly material. Just some abstract experimental stuff with some hip-hop influences. The whole feel of the album is akin to being on a drug binge (Diazedine is the name of a hallucinogen).

OST (original soundtrack)
One of my personal favorite albums I've done. Bending genres. Influences ranging from juke/footwork, ambient, slo mo house, hip hop, electro, soca/kuduro...Welcome to the temple of higher consciousness.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Ending this thread update for today with another dj set from me from 2013 for The Bones Of Houdini radio...

Tracklist:
Desto- 4 AM
Kirko Bangz feat Young Jeezy- Hold It Down (Remix)
Tre Mission- Dollar Bill
Kingdom- OG Master
Faze Miyake- 5000
Bangladesh feat Pusha T, Jadakiss, & 2 Chainz- 100
Ryan Hemsworth- Oil Paintings
Cathy Dennis- Touch Me (j-lah Remix)
Visionist- Dem Times
Rustie- Slasherr
Teeza- Rum and Coke
DJ Godfather- Break Yo Back
DJ Rashad & DJ Spinn- Broken Heart
RP Boo- 187 Homicide
Om Unit & Sam Binga- Gamma
DJ Rashad & DJ Manny- R House
Doshy feat. Conrank- Q
RP Boo- Battle In The Jungle
Mark Pritchard- Ghosts
Lil Texas- Talkin To You
Sepalcure- The Water's Fine

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This one was probably the most fun to make though...

This one is a curveball of sorts...rather than focus on some abstract experimental stuff this is all pretty much club and hip-hop type beats. This has the most amount of samples I've ever used in one single record...like I usually don't do stuff like this, but I did cause I can. Lots of different influences on this one ranging from Baltimore/Philly/Jersey Club to trap to Soca to bounce to ghetto tech and everything in between.

The samples on this include: Kraftwerk, Mike Jones, Daft Punk, Lil Jon, Musical Youth, Praga Khan, Eric B and Rakim, South Park, Strider, Da Hool, Neno, Tomita, Cutty Ranks, Maury Povich, Goodfellas, and The Madd Rapper.

From 2013

Strider :gladbron:

strider_mvc-41.jpg

:obama:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Since I can't get to sleep imma update this thread. Lol.
This EP/mini album is entitled Aux Input Device

The photo is of the stereo until in my car...lol. which inspired the name of the album.
I decided to just have the tracks relatively untitled (which is why it AID 1, AID 2, and so on)

I'd figure I'd explain this one track by track...
1...moody fragmented dubstep type tings.
2...hard to even describe what this one is I just loved the way it came out...adhering to no real genre...
3...wanted to simulate a machine and emulate the percussion as if it were being bounced off of metal in a large container
4...hype ghetto house techno stuff
5...rewind free from experience

Daps
Reppin
VOID
That's a lot of music :leon:
How do you find time and inspiration for music when you work on a 9-5? thats my situation right now
A lot of this stuff I worked on in the last but as of now I just have been taking a break from music with work and other priorities. But when I get the time, I usually like to work on a couple of tracks during the weekend. Maybe a couple during weeknights before I go to sleep.

Really I'll just take time to build the skeletons of a track then I'll actually record the track much later.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

This is some more heavy material. Some juke/teklife hip-hop stuff.

I got to give a shout out to one of my best friends, when he was my roommate back when I was living in Bushwick he would be playing juke all day....I've been keeping up with the newer stuff like since 2008 but I wanted to actually make a juke record..This got some burn on some blogs...personal fave.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

Okay...and now to post up this one...entitled ""Rays" from 2012.
The story behind this one...I made this when I first arrived to NYC in the fall of 2012.

I was going in between sleeping on friends couches to staying in random spots in Brooklyn and Queens. I actually free styled this whole album from beginning to end. I pretty much had no central concept for this album I just wanted the tracks to flow freely. It goes from some early 90s inspired electro autechre amber the stuff to some hip hop type stuff to some grime wave to some chill stuff. I just don't even like to really stick my tunes in a random genre category I just like to let the tunes speak for themselves.

Btw...I designed all of the covers for every single one of my releases myself.

Daps
Reppin
VOID

This one is called "Rematerialized"

I made and recorded this one in a day also.

Story behind this one: This was after Hurricane Sandy. I was looking for a place to stay and ended up in a bed & breakfast on Norman Ave in Greenpoint. The room was $150 for a night. Seeing as how it was so expensive (but it had everything, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, etc) I figured I might as well make the most out of it...so I set up my portable studio (complete with Native instruments maschine, alesis320 USB monitor speakers, and a tascam portable digital recorder) and just went at it.

Sidenote: "Thrilla" off of 8000 is actually a flip on "Fold" from this album (sped up faster and melody in reverse and pitched up a little bit).

Daps
Reppin
VOID
A couple of studio mixes...

From 2008....I'd say conveniently thus was back in September of 2008 cause this was when I moved into my new apartment in Pittsburgh on the South Side.

This was hosted on subnav.com....just some hip hop down tempo on the turntables..mixed by me.
Tracklist:
01. arts the beatdoctor- laughs, drinks, jokes, tricks
02. nicolay and kay- blizzard (instrumental)
03. tosca- chocloate elvis
04. peanut butter wolf- currents
05. nightmares on wax- nights interlude
06. fat jon- watch out
07. dj krush- listen
08. dj spinna- shazzam
09. dudley perkins- money
10. little brother- speed (instrumental)
11. little brother- shorty on the lookout (instrumental)
12. dj krush- big city lover (instrumental)
13. peanut butter wolf- don't turn your back
14. suzanne vega- tom's diner (dna remix)
15. lewis parker- lush life
16. lemongrass- a fabula
17. tosca- boss on the boat (deadbeats remix)
18. smith & mighty- try
19. sven van hees- tsunami (in my soul)

XII

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is my latest album of brand new material though...entitled "Holographic Timephase" from November of last year.

I remember I introduced this in the tunnel after I made it and it was not received welll.

:dahell:

Daps
Reppin
VOID

The DUB soul mix from fall of 2009...
This was mixed by me on two Stanton str8-80 turntables, a numark mixer, and serato.
A selection of deep house, tech house, and minimal...
All of the pictures in the video were taken by me from Brooklyn and Baltimore

Tracklist:
De-Fat- Alated Dub
Dubsphere- Project No. 5
Mr. Bizz- Green Man
Forty6&Two- Red Skies
Familia Loca- Cheap Sax Motel
Robbe Felice- Dreamer
Liquid Level- Highway
Dubsphere- Visions
Saturno- Dee Dee
Liquid Level- I'm The Truth
Dirt Crew- Soundwave (Quarion's Drunken Wave Remix)
Thomas Melchior- The Hypnotist
Maurizio- Te Extrano
Granlab- 11 07
Waveform- Mirrors
Dubsphere- Exit Only
Biodub- Draft
Dirt Crew- Soundwave (Fillipo Moscatello Mix)
Herbert- Friday They Dance
Upwellings- Trainscommin
Thomas Melchior- Coming Up
Lower Grounds- No End