Black man dies after having his spine broken in police custody

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Where are all the gangster rappers with all they gangs? Escabor owes Rick Ross a bunch of favors he cant have him send a militia to help start the revolution?

Bout time these "gangsters" start putting it work. Instead of posing with guns all in a nikka facebook timeline

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I just don't like people trivializing their deaths....

:upsetfavre:

How is it trivalizing their deaths. I was actually surprised this was not posted on the coli earlier, since it happened, last week.

All I have to say about this is it takes an extreme amount of force to severe 80% of someone's spine.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/ma...die-grays-family-attorney-20150419-story.html

Also take this neg. :umad:

ETA: I got a slow down of the reps warning. tha fukk? :dahell:
Don't worry breh, you will get your neg in due time.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
80% of his spine :what: its so disturbing.

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#section/830/article/p2p-83340151/

City police wrote in court documents that Freddie Gray was arrested "without force or incident" for having a switchblade knife and suffered a medical emergency during transport.

So what happened during transport?

At a news conference Monday afternoon, police said that Gray repeatedly asked for medical care and did not receive it during the arrest that preceded his death.

Police Commissioner Anthony W. Batts said the department is reviewing its policies relating to prisoner transports and when officers should call medics for suspects. He said there were many occasions when medics should have been called.

They treat dogs better I swear. So what did he get beat for asking for medical attention? :mindblown: I can't imagine what they will come up with to try and explain this. So once they got him in the van away from phone videos it was a free for all? I don't understand. They think they are invincible.

Police said the two prisoners were separated by a metal barrier in the back of the van, which did not have a camera inside.
City police have said that video of the incident — which shows a portion of the arrest — does not show use of force at the time of Gray's arrest, and the cause of his injuries remains unclear.

:mindblown: how can you be unclear about how 80% of someone's spine is severed? Its not like a whiplash.

Last edited:

Maddmike

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The classic, let me put me knee in the center of your back while I apply all 300 pounds of my weight into you might have done the trick.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
80% of his spine :what: its so disturbing.

So what happened during transport?

They treat dogs better I swear. So what did he get beat for asking for medical attention? :mindblown: I can't imagine what they will come up with to try and explain this. So once they got him in the van away from phone videos it was a free for all? I don't understand. They think they are invincible.

Haven't watched the video but if they didn't get in the back and whip his ass, they probably just threw him the van with zero regard of where was sitting or how he was sitting. If you've never been inside on or seen them here ya go:

maxresdefault.jpg

Inside of these hoes is nothing but metal so if you're not properly put in there it's a wrap.

Colicat

Docile & dominant @ the same damn time
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Adjacent to the King
The brother was non ambulatory before he got into that van... Something happened before transport...

There has to be a camera that caught this incident... We live in a surveillance world... Somebody is always watching...Those cacs used excessive force on the brother and snapped his spine :mjcry:

notPsychosiz

I started this gangsta sh-
Daps
Reppin
dogbornwolf
This shyt could escalate in a hurry if something isn't done to these cops. nikkas here already aint scared to shoot at cops
Yeah, B-more is with the business same as LA and Oakland.
It would surprise me if cats out there just let shyt ride. But then again, STL tolerated a whole lot of bullshyt before they lit shyt up. Months on end before somebody got on it and let fly.

So we'll see if B-more nikkas is really on they Marlo or if they on that Stringer shyt. :manny:

It seems like the Mayor might be dealing with it.
Interesting to see if cops get charged or if they change things 'moving foward' meaning no one gets in trouble...

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Baltimore police have suspended six officers after the death of a man in Baltimore police custody. Freddie Gray, 25, was critically injured after his arrest April 12. He died early Sunday morning at Shock Trauma. According to the family's lawyer, Gray suffered a severe spinal cord injury.

This has become a national story, another case in which an encounter with police has led to a death, raising questions about police conduct.

"We are a community on the edge right now," Baltimore Police Commissioner Anthony Batts said during a news conference Monday afternoon.

Baltimore City police have since suspended six officers involved. During a news conference Monday afternoon, police showed video from one CCTV camera near the scene.

"Our community is experiencing a great deal of trauma," Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake said during a news conference Monday afternoon. "This is a tense time for Baltimore. I'm angry that we are here again, that we have to tell another mother that her child is dead."

Why did officers pursue Gray?

According to a police charging document obtained by the WBAL-TV 11 News I-Team on Monday, officers arrested Gray on a west Baltimore street because he "fled unprovoked upon noting police presence in the neighborhood."

"The officers made eye contact, he ran, and the officers pursued," Batts said.

Officers chased Gray down the street and caught him.

"The officer then noticed a knife clipped to the inside of his pants pocket. The defendant was arrested without force or incident," according to the charging document.

The officer then writes in the charging document that Gray suffered a medical emergency during transport but it doesn't say how, where or when.

During the news conference Monday, Deputy Police Commissioner Jerry Rodriguez reiterated a police timeline of events that led to Gray's arrest.

- 8:39:52, at 1700 Pressbury, a unit says on the radio 'I got him.'

- 8:40:12, 'We got one' An officer has stopped Gray at this time.

"Mr. Gray gave up without the use of force. An officer took his Taser out but never deployed the Taser," Rodriguez said.

- 8:42:52, a wagon is requested for transport and Gray asks for an inhaler

- 8:46:02, The driver of the prisoner transport van believes Gray is acting irate in the back

- 8:46:12, a unit asks the wagon to stop so the paperwork can be completed; Gray is placed in leg irons and put back in the wagon

- 8:54:02, the van leaves

- 08:59:02, the driver asks for an additional unit to check on Gray

Friday, a witness, who did not want to be identified, told the 11 News I-Team that she watched how police handled Gray when the van carrying him stopped at a second location so leg irons could be applied.

"They threw him in the paddy wagon face first, you know face down, and mind you, his arms and legs are locked up," the witness said. "He was laying on his stomach when they threw him. He was still on his stomach position and they just threw him in the paddy wagon. It was like four police."

"We've all seen the videos ... the actions of our officers appear to be calm, they do not appear to be angry or overbearing," Batts said.

"The autopsy was done today (Monday) ... We have no evidence of any use of force," Rodriguez said.

Rodriguez said the autopsy shows Gray suffered a serious injury to his spinal cord that caused his death. There were no broken limbs or other injury to his body.

"What we don't have at this point is how Mr. Gray sustained those injuries," Rodriguez said.

Sources told the 11 News I-Team that the van made a third stop to pick up another prisoner. At that location, sources said, Gray was unresponsive, but no medic was called until the wagon reached the Western District precinct around 9:24 a.m.

"When Mr. Gray was taken out of that van, he could not talk and he could not breathe," Rodriguez said.

Department policy requires police to "ensure the safety of the detainee in custody" and "ensure medical treatment for a detainee is obtained when necessary or requested."

Experts told the 11 News I-Team that the type of injury Gray suffered could have been caused by sudden and forceful motion, whiplash or striking one's chin on something with the head snapping back.

Batts said a task force working solely on this investigation will send to the Baltimore City State's Attorney's Office a report next Friday. Batts said he will also call for an independent review board to review the investigation.

"As this investigation continues, we will take corrective action whenever and wherever is necessary," Batts said.

Investigators from the Baltimore City State's Attorney's Office were in the west Baltimore neighborhood Monday afternoon interviewing witnesses. Earlier Monday, the prosecutor's office released a statement, saying: "While I cannot discuss the details in the death of Freddie Gray due to the ongoing investigation, I can assure the public that my office has dedicated all its existing resources to independently investigate this matter to determine whether criminal charges will be brought. We encourage anyone with information on this incident to contact our office at 443-984-6000 or on our website stattorney.orgby clicking on our police integrity tab."

Batts said he is ordering new procedures for the transport of prisoners, including ensuring prisoners get medical attention when requested and making sure transport officers are certified in first aid and CPR.

Protesters who converged on City Hall Monday morning sought answers as to how Gray died and they want the officers involved with his arrest to be held accountable.

"Tell the truth and stop the lies. Freddie Gray didn't have to die," one protester shouted.

The Rev. C.D. Witherspoon, with Baltimore's Southern Christian Leadership Conference, expressed frustration over what he said is a lack of accountability within the Baltimore City Police Department.

"We're calling for these cops to be charged. We're calling for them to be criminalized," Witherspoon said. "We're sick and tired of being sick and tired of that uniform safeguarding people from the same justice that all of us have to endure."

Protesters carried their message through the streets of downtown to city police headquarters with dozens of officers standing guard.

"My heart goes out to the family. I have kids of my own and this is a sad situation," a woman said.

"We've got to stop this killing. We've got to stop giving them (police) a reason to stop us on abusive charges and stuff. We have to come together as one," a man said.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Yeah, B-more is with the business same as LA and Oakland.
It would surprise me if cats out there just let shyt ride. But then again, STL tolerated a whole lot of bullshyt before they lit shyt up. Months on end before somebody got on it and let fly.

So we'll see if B-more nikkas is really on they Marlo or if they on that Stringer shyt. :manny:

It seems like the Mayor might be dealing with it.
Interesting to see if cops get charged or if they change things 'moving foward' meaning no one gets in trouble...
Nah the city gonna handle this. They don't want those problems. There's already hoods they don't stop in unless there's a sting or they're knockers. And that's in broad daylight