What You Will Never Be.
obama-black-cowboy-hat.jpg

Smiley status...

Homey the clown

Homey don't play that
Daps
Reppin
Unknown
You dudes are something else. One of my grandpa's was what you call a black cowboy. He wore cowboy hats and boots, he drove pick up trucks, he had a two shotguns one he kept in my grandparents bedroom closet and one he kept in whichever truck he was riding in, because he had more then one. He was not a " c00n" nor is anyone that is black who wears a cowboy hat or dresses like a cowboy.:camby:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I think using cooon is off base here.......there are plenty folks coooning wearing dreads, in corporate suits, etc.

With that said, before moving to Houston, I would have never known black people wear cowboy hats and boots, etc........especially in the middle of the city. Living in 3rd Ward, I've seen black guys in Jordans riding on horseback, with downtown skyscrapers in the background, and nobody flinched. Right now there is the Rodeo in Houston, and there are thousands of people of all races wearing cowboy attire. Plus, you have what they call trail rides (I've yet to go, but plan to go), where they hop on horseback and ride through the city, suburbs, and/or countryside, and they might set up an area for like a pre or post-trail ride party. They do this in parts of Louisiana too. Speaking of which, I wasn't familiar with Zydeco music till I came out here.

20140614_Pickett_Ride-732-2.jpg

Zydeco Trail Ride

Jp-Zydeco-2-articleLarge.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
:stopitslime: y'all need to get out of the city man. Black folks live in the country too man. I want you to go to Texas and call a black man with a cowboy hate to his face a c00n.
I'm saying, I got family and know plenty black people who OWN farms, horses, etc. As mentioned earlier the first cowboys were black, this is not a culture exclusive to whites at all.

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
i dont think black folk wearing cowbow hats is a bad thing, i thought their were gangsta black cowboys back in the cowboy days?