Black Sails (Starz's pirate show) begins January 28 #stonecoldjanuary

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
No. Not Madi:mjcry:

I've been in love with her since she showed up @MidniteJay :mjcry:

I didn't post in the thread about her cause I didn't wanna jinx it :mjcry:

It took everything in me not to Google her sexy ass cause I didn't want to encounter a spoiler :mjcry:

No. :mjcry:

I thought I'd see more of her after Black Sails but I haven't seen her in anything else after that role. After seeing her filmography it looks like she sticks to South African productions.

Daps
My father was a tailer... in Leads...as was his father. And his father's father.:sas2:

A time was if a man on the Avondale Road ask where was the finest clothes in northern England he was pointed towards the shop of a man named Rackham

:myman:

Then the men who sell wool decide they'd not to compete with the men who imported fine cotton and as the men who sell wool has the ears of the men who make laws an embargo is enabled to increase profits. :martin:

And Calico disappears. And my father's business that he inherited from his father and his father's father began to wither die :wow:

And my father suffers the compound shame of financial failure seen through the eyes of his son and desended into drink. :mjcry:

I'd sit beside him as a boy at the Sunday service as he shouted at the pastor, at the altar, at anyone who would listen really at the injustice of it all :snoop:

And I'll put my arm over his shoulder as the insults began, and help carry him the church and God the insults.:mjpls:

At his funeral, our neighbors were kind enough to whisper them rather than call them out loud. :mjpls:

So, I set to work determined to rebuild what had been taken away. I was 13 years old but I was determined....:obama:

Until a man arrived at my door claiming to hold debts :aicmon: belonging to my father. Debts accumulated as my father drank. Debts he claimed that now belonged to me. Debts I could not possibly have hoped to repay. :why:

Debts over which this man would have seen me imprisoned :unimpressed:imprisoned in a place where the debts would have been discharged only through hard labor. Hard labor with no wages :gucci:working at - wait for it - the production of textiles. :comeon:

You people? :mjtf::scust:... incapable of accepting the world as it is says the man to whom the world handed everything :pacspit:

If no Anne. If no rescue. If this is defeat for me know this, you and I we're neck and neck in this race right til the end but Jesus did I make up alot of ground to catch you:banderas::ohlawd::blessed:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Rackham was my favorite. Dude was intelligent but had the swag too and when the chips were down, he never turned into a bytch.
k9gp3XP.gif
auQcB1g.gif

Csmak1L.gif
ZUcv6AV.gif

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Rackham was my favorite. Dude was intelligent but had the swag too and when the chips were down, he never turned into a bytch.
k9gp3XP.gif
auQcB1g.gif

Csmak1L.gif
ZUcv6AV.gif

Yeah. I'm glad they freestyle'd his personality instead of going with the real historical one. Same with Vane. IRL Rackham was a drunk idiot and went out pathetic as fukk. Vane was more like how they portrayed Ned Low, I don't think I would have liked watching that kind of savagery for several seasons he would have ended up becoming lame like GOT's Ramsay Bolton.

Daps
Yeah. I'm glad they freestyle'd his personality instead of going with the real historical one. Same with Vane. IRL Rackham was a drunk idiot and went out pathetic as fukk. Vane was more like how they portrayed Ned Low, I don't think I would have liked watching that kind of savagery for several seasons he would have ended up becoming lame like GOT's Ramsay Bolton.
Honestly they could have told the truth and it still would've been a good show but it wouldn't have been as good as it was as the only pirates who made it out was King Evry and Anne Bonnie. Everybody else either died in battle or was hung

Edit: Now that I think about it. It could be done but not by Starz. Idk why but the writer's they have ain't gritty enough for that type of show

Also keep in mind Black Sails is supposed to be the prequel to Treasure Island so of course the pirates were antiheros

Also the real Vane was more like if The Mountain was a captain.

Last edited: