Black Voters Need More Convincing From Democrats In 2018

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
Black voter turnout fell seven percentage points in the last election, plummeting from 66.6 percent in 2012 to 59.6 percent in 2016, according to data from the U.S. Census Bureau. Many analysts say a natural drop-off was expected in the post-Barack Obama era. But the 2016 voter turnout for African-Americans was not just lower than the Obama years, it was even slightly lower than the 2004 election between George W. Bush and John Kerry.

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
One key question this political season is whether African-Americans still feel they have a home in the Democratic Party — a party that has relied on their votes for decades.

Graham, now 38, insists she has no regrets for bypassing the election.

She said the Trump presidency has kind of turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

"I think for our people, for my people, this is probably the best thing that could have happened," she said at a coffee shop in Cleveland. "The veil has been lifted."

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
But the logic presented by the person you quoted is built on ignorance and the premise itself shows a flawed reasoning.

She wrongfully assumes that blacks shouldn't vote because things couldn't get worse by abstaining when we have already in our past seen a worse outcome for blacks who have no say in representation.

Furthering on that point, Republican strategy has long been to suppress the black vote, not attract it.

Why is that important?

These people obviously have been able to determine that voting Republican isn't in their best interest. This is good, but not voting leaves you with a lot less political capital.

I suppose this is where your mind goes into the "I've heard this before," "you aren't offering a solution," "you're disregarding the reality of poor black people," or both sides part of this tired debate.

So let's skip it and get to the meat.

If black voters feel they aren't being represented by either party and want to show how important it is to cater to their vote they should always collectively vote for a write in or third party voter in all elections. This helps for all sorts of polling and canvassing that goes along with people determining how they should vote because active and engaged voters, fair or not, receive more attention from candidates.

But honestly, that's doing too little too late.

Black people should get involved in the political process earlier and more often. You have more sway when there are less voters and ultimate have a much higher chance of getting your ideal candidate whe voter turnout is in the 5-14 percent range. Further, if your candidate loses during high turnout you now have a ready-made group of constituents who need to be placate or their candidate will unseat the incumbent the next election.

This is my last post here.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
"the veil has been lifted" huh, sounds like something a black identity extremist would say. maybe jefferson beauregard sessions iii should get on the case.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
But the logic presented by the person you quoted is built on ignorance and the premise itself shows a flawed reasoning.

She wrongfully assumes that blacks shouldn't vote because things couldn't get worse by abstaining when we have already in our past seen a worse outcome for blacks who have no say in representation.

Furthering on that point, Republican strategy has long been to suppress the black vote, not attract it.

Why is that important?

These people obviously have been able to determine that voting Republican isn't in their best interest. This is good, but not voting leaves you with a lot less political capital.

I suppose this is where your mind goes into the "I've heard this before," "you aren't offering a solution," "you're disregarding the reality of poor black people," or both sides part of this tired debate.

So let's skip it and get to the meat.

If black voters feel they aren't being represented by either party and want to show how important it is to cater to their vote they should always collectively vote for a write in or third party voter in all elections. This helps for all sorts of polling and canvassing that goes along with people determining how they should vote because active and engaged voters, fair or not, receive more attention from candidates.

But honestly, that's doing too little too late.

Black people should get involved in the political process earlier and more often. You have more sway when there are less voters and ultimate have a much higher chance of getting your ideal candidate whe voter turnout is in the 5-14 percent range. Further, if your candidate loses during high turnout you now have a ready-made group of constituents who need to be placate or their candidate will unseat the incumbent the next election.

This is my last post here.

White people lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Superstar
Daps

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
good. dem party thinks the grass is greener elsewhere. at some point you have to stop and re-calibrate. no more listening to old black people telling you common sense truisms that dont stand up to logic. mindlessly voting marginalizes you. people only court the one who plays hard to get.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
dear leader trump is looking for all the black identity extremists, so does that smilie mean you're one or are pretending to be one online? don't let me rat you out to alex jones who has dear leader's personal phone number.
full

full