20130103-190148.jpg
20130103-190124.jpg
20130103-190120.jpg
20130103-190114.jpg
20130103-190140.jpg
20130103-190042.jpg
watts.jpg
20130103-190032.jpg
this is around the time we stopped c00ning it up, perming our hair, and letting groups of white people attack us. you could tell these boys were ready for action. look at dude in the last pic with his arms crossed, nikka aint showing no teeth, scowling at some crackas. :troll:

I always wondered around what date did we stop being abused in schools and jumped by whites, to being feared. what broke the camels back. what gang started putting the beats on them to where they just gave up and left their own neighborhoods. I heard it all started in cali with the watts riots. after that, black folks just werent having it no more. you say ******, you got socked up, even if outnumbered. riots had been happening for decades, but something about the watts riot turned things around.

now present day the tables have turned (well on the streets that is), they locking their doors and all that. :bryan:

just 40 years ago it was us that was locking our doors. has anyone documented when this shift happened? cole you should make a timeline thread with pics of when shyt started turning around. :ohhh:

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
this is around the time we stopped c00ning it up, perming our hair, and letting groups of white people attack us. you could tell these boys were ready for action. look at dude in the last pic with his arms crossed, nikka aint showing no teeth, scowling at some crackas. :troll:

I always wondered around what date did we stop being abused in schools and jumped by whites, to being feared. what broke the camels back. what gang started putting the beats on them to where they just gave up and left their own neighborhoods. I heard it all started in cali with the watts riots. after that, black folks just werent having it no more. you say ******, you got socked up, even if outnumbered. riots had been happening for decades, but something about the watts riot turned things around.

now present day the tables have turned (well on the streets that is), they locking their doors and all that. :bryan:

just 40 years ago it was us that was locking our doors. has anyone documented when this shift happened? cole you should make a timeline thread with pics of when shyt started turning around. :ohhh:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
where the light skins lol
this is something else i noticed. we've gotten lighter as a people. when I look at folks from the 20s, they damn near look african.

were red bones so sought after that that our entire population became a shade lighter? :wtf:

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps

Around the mid 60s is when blacks started getting aggressive and with our leaders getting assassinated and police patrolling our neighborhoods and racial violence it was time to harden up

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
no offense to these guys, but they're not striking no fear into some james dean white boys. they was giving these nikkas the beats, calling them "boy", they was shuckin'. we went from this....

to this

20130103-190140.jpg

:whew:
hair cut low, rolled them sleeves up and showed black physique, like you know what, we dun gave yall passes for like 100 years, don't you know we can knock you the fukk out. :wow:
turned into some pitbulls. bet they wish they had those 1940s cats back. they shoulda accepted them, they were nice, well mannered and happy. would have been the perfect time to integrate, but instead they beat them up and created werewolves.

Last edited:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
it's sad that back then u see our people wearing suits & dresses and 60 years later we downgraded to what we have today.

and this goes as well to the music. and u know what? we didn't even have the opportunities that we have today back then. now look at us

I dont think people really understood what 'freedom' meant..

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Around the mid 60s is when blacks started getting aggressive and with our leaders getting assassinated and police patrolling our neighborhoods and racial violence it was time to harden up
true,but its not like that wasn't happening before the 60s. something happened in the 60s to where black people just had enough. I think malcolm x and the creation of TV played a significant role in it too. He was def the first black leader to say 'hit back'. and with him being on tv, it got across the country much faster. the riots being televised for once, probably helped too. blacks were seeing themselves on tv, its much different to READ about a riot in a town on the other side of the country then it is to actually see people getting beat up and having dogs sicked on them. black folks were in front of the tv looking at themselves like :hmmobama: "wait a minute now, this shyt ain't right"

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
true,but its not like that wasn't happening before the 60s. something happened in the 60s to where black people just had enough. I think malcolm x and the creation of TV played a significant role in it too. He was def the first black leader to say 'hit back'. and with him being on tv, it got across the country much faster. the riots being televised for once, probably helped too. blacks were seeing themselves on tv, its much different to READ about a riot in a town on the other side of the country then it is to actually see people getting beat up and having dogs sicked on them. black folks were in front of the tv looking at themselves like :hmmobama: "wait a minute now, this shyt ain't right"
It was like this in 1919 to

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps