Black Youth and Black American Pop culture of the 1950s

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I always wondered around what date did we stop being abused in schools and jumped by whites, to being feared. what broke the camels back. what gang started putting the beats on them to where they just gave up and left their own neighborhoods.

Whites started leaving the cities in the 50's for bigger homes with yards in the suburbs and better schools.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Whites started leaving the cities in the 50's for bigger homes with yards in the suburbs and better schools.
and now they're giving up the burbs to come back to the city. leaving the big yards and schools to minorities?

nah but really, they left after the beat downs, not for yards. most folks would want to be in the city center.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
and now they're giving up the burbs to come back to the city. leaving the big yards and schools to minorities?

nah but really, they left after the beat downs, not for yards. most folks would want to be in the city center.

Their only coming back in certain cities like DC & NYC that are major metropolitan centers where the money is due to gentrification.

But the suburbs are full as ever in America and won't change, it just doesn't appear that way because the homes are spread out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/18/us/18dc.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielf...n-d-c-got-off-the-most-dangerous-cities-list/

^I think Washington DC was the first major city to change its demographics and Bloomberg is copying that formula for NYC.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Their only coming back in certain cities like DC & NYC that are major metropolitan centers where the money is due to gentrification.

But the suburbs are full as ever in America and won't change, it just doesn't appear that way because the homes are spread out.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/18/us/18dc.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielf...n-d-c-got-off-the-most-dangerous-cities-list/

^I think Washington DC was the first major city to change its demographics and Bloomberg is copying that formula for NYC.
From my understanding, all major cities are gentrifying. LA is one of them. Oakland is on the verge. Texas has already started. :mjpls:

Truth200

Banned
Daps
From my understanding, all major cities are gentrifying. LA is one of them. Oakland is on the verge. Texas has already started. :mjpls:

I was not aware of that because i was just speaking on the cities of the East coast where i'm currently located and see it going on.

Gentrification dosen't seem to be happening in the high crime cities which are smaller like Chester, Camden & Wilmington.

It's still undeniable that the suburbs have a higher quality of life where people have larger yards to raise their family.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
SP_polo+shirt.jpg
MickeySylvia-studio.jpg

6aadde6aa609087ff606cf0a1ce8adf6.jpg

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I was not aware of that because i was just speaking on the cities of the East coast where i'm currently located and see it going on.

Gentrification dosen't seem to be happening in the high crime cities which are smaller like Chester, Camden & Wilmington.

It's still undeniable that the suburbs have a higher quality of life where people have larger yards to raise their family.
anyways my point still stands. we're not getting rocks thrown at us, beat up in the open anymore. we used to be the ones to cross the street, now they cross the street. i wonder how it changed to be this way. if it was gradual or instant.

cole phelps

Superstar
Daps
anyways my point still stands. we're not getting rocks thrown at us, beat up in the open anymore. we used to be the ones to cross the street, now they cross the street. i wonder how it changed to be this way. if it was gradual or instant.
you should read up on the racist cac gang called the spook hunters back in the mid 40s they were punking us for a while then blacks formed gangs of their own and started whopping ass spook hunters got scared and didn't fukk with them again so I think the aggression against cacs was starting after 1945