BlacKkKlansman vs. Sorry to Bother You beef

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I saw blackkklansman today. It was the bettert movie :yeshrug:
I will say that I enjoyed blackkklansman more but they really shouldn't be compared. They're very different films and black directors should be united we don't need none of this beef. Spike is a legend and commands respect in the film making game.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because it is hating. How he personally feel about Spike Lee is his own personal right to have, however... it shouldn't be a knock to what this particular film is about in correlation to what is going on TODAY. Him speaking on how it's not the true depiction of Stallworth, despite his own misunderstanding that it is based upon a true story by IGNORING the part of it being based therefore not a true detailed biopic has little merit.To Spike Lee's credit he DID have Stallworth depicted at the beginning of the film as somewhat of a misguided c00n who only cared about joining the police force and willing to be a mole into the black panther party. He didn't have to even have that in there since the film was about the KKK and infiltrating them. But he felt it was necessary largely because he want that KWAME TURE speech in it. Same as he wanted that Harry Belefonte cameo speech. Two of the most powerful speeches that NEEDED to be said. But Boots rather focus on the wrong things and have the wrong interpretation of what this film been about. Nevermind that Stallworth in the FILM evolved the further he invested himself in being a mole of the KKK. Nevermind that his girl STILL dumped him because he still want to remain in the police force despite them fukking him over....but this is supposedly a "pro-cop" movie.

Does not matter how thorough his reasoning is. It is still a bullshyt reasoning. I would slightly understand had this been only about the life of Stallworth, but it is not nor pretended that it was. It was about the exposure of the KKK in the modern age and how it related to what we are CURRENTLY dealing with today. The film is a FICTIONAL ACCOUNT based on a true story. It made that clear.

Fake woke hatin crab in a barrel clowns stay going off code... He should have spoke to spike privately about his concerns. The overall message of the film is one that needs to be seen and supported regardless of whether it's historically accurate. If he was really down for the cause he should have realized that before he publicly tried to tear down a positive black film and black director.

voltronblack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
cape for the fbi cause trump is mean to them brehs

boots riley criticism was on point
Yeah that the thing I dont understand with people :cape: for this movie Boots expose the a beautiful lie about Stallworth and COINTELPRO and reveal the ugly truth about.
This movie is like if they try to paint the action of William O'Neal in a more positive light. The FBI also conspired with the police departments of many U.S. cities (San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Philadelphia, Chicago) to encourage repeated raids on Black Panther homes—often with little or no evidence of violations of federal, state, or local laws—which resulted directly in the police killing many members of the Black Panther Party, most notably Chicago Black Panther Party Chairman Fred Hampton on December 4, 1969. Before the death of Hampton long-term infiltrator, William O'Neal, shared floor plans of his apartment with the COINTELPRO team. He then gave Hampton a dose of secobarbital that rendered Hampton unconscious during the raid on his home.
Dk1VtZvVsAASusC.jpg
Dk1V4mzUcAA4fq6.jpg
Dk1V5ecVAAAQBwL.jpg

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Asked to share his thoughts on Riley's post during a recent interview with the U.K.'s Times, Lee said he's "done" engaging in public feuds with other notable names in Hollywood. "I'm a young chap, a young man aged 61, but before I was even a younger chap," he said. "Now when I get a hint that this stuff is maybe going to dilute the message of my film, I know it is not going to do my any good to comment."
Pressed further on Riley's assertion that Lee's onscreen representation of the police force in the '70s is inaccurate, Lee said, "Well, I’m not going to comment on that."
He then continued: "Look at my films: they’ve been very critical of the police, but on the other hand I’m never going to say all police are corrupt, that all police hate people of color. I’m not going to say that. I mean, we need police."
Spike Lee Responds to Boots Riley's 'BlacKkKlansman' Criticism