Blockbuster Bubble finna pop

O.Red

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why not? It would a huge disappointment if it doesn't match Alladin. It should easily, no?
I ain't saying it's gonna flop. But the hype seems flimsy to me

I think it'll match Aladdin, but Aladdin is underperforming, all things considered

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Wild to say this when Avengers just happened and Lion King is about to happen.

If Hobbs & Shaw doesn't perform then we have an issue.

Funny thing though, Idk what Hobbs & Shaw is gone do at the theaters but I don't think it's going to be BIG deal like all the other F&F movies either.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Super hero movies (aka marvel) kinda ruined the game.

Blockbuster movies pretty much year round....

It's a 10 year old formula that's ingrained into a lot of peoples minds.

They are superhero comedies, that all have a tease at something else.

You can pretty much through your blockbuster in the bushes if it

1) doesn't make people laugh
2) doesn't link to something past or in the future somehow.

You'd think MIB would do well off the strength of it, but it just goes to show you that people don't like change... If the movie would have had will or tommy lee in it I can promise you it would have done well.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Super hero movies (aka marvel) kinda ruined the game.

Blockbuster movies pretty much year round....

It's a 10 year old formula that's ingrained into a lot of peoples minds.

They are superhero comedies, that all have a tease at something else.

You can pretty much through your blockbuster in the bushes if it

1) doesn't make people laugh
2) doesn't link to something past or in the future somehow.

You'd think MIB would do well off the strength of it, but it just goes to show you that people don't like change... If the movie would have had will or tommy lee in it I can promise you it would have done well.
I think you're almost right but reading into a little too much.
2 things

These MCU films have their own seperated level of fandom so people thinking they gonna have a movie do between 600mil to 2 billy need to step back from that expectation. The rest of films no matter how good aren't on that level except a very small minority. (chiefly Avatar and Titanic)
If you don't have a fandom behind your franchise you can't expect numbers like that. Nobody is playing Men in Black Games or Cosplaying as Will Smith.

For the casual fans, they are still seeing the same number of films in a given year. (around 5 on average.) and if your nephew or son is encouraging you to see every marvel film you're gonna use up at least 4 of those in if not all 5 on Comic book movies. You can't expect people to get into the theater 38 times a year so every movie does well. Rival studios had better be picking and choosing release dates that are far away from marvel releases.

After spiderman comes out we won't have another MCU film for the rest of the year. Why the studios didn't wait until then to release movies.

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Unless it's something you're really invested in, going to the movies is not the event it used to be, especially when you can buy a comparable setup and wait 3 months for the movie to hit red box.

Amirah Dyme's Husband

I LOVE IG MODELS
Daps
Reppin
IG MODELS
I mean yea. Just don't bring up Aladdin being the 3rd best selling movie of the year.
Toy story 4 breaking series record on its 4TH entry.
Jon Wick 3 again breaking series record.
Captain Marvel doing a BILLY.

I admit Godzilla doing poorly sucks cause it was a good movie. But Dark Phoenix and MiB was always gonna fail. And Dumbo bombing proves not EVERYTHING Disney does is golden. Just 99% of it.
tenor.gif

The point of this thread is that there's too much fukking blockbuster films.

mr x

Superstar
Daps
Gross was down from last year but average was up.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nobody in here was worried about a stan war between the lowest common denominator of cinema today until you came in like you always do trying to start some nonsense. You think you're being funny or clever but you're just incredibly annoying. And honestly, the worst part about it is that someone will call you out on this behavior, and then you'll try to turn it around on some "b-b-but what about these other movies? don't yall care about them? :hubie: why ya'll worried about me/marvel? :mjcry:"

Sincerely, shut the fukk up man. You're not funny, you're not clever, and you're damn near reaching levels of becoming a blight on the forum. I don't care how much of "MarvelGang" co-signs your posts. This shyt right here is a microcosm of why comic book movies are worst genre in film right now.
DAMN
full