BMW considering another plant in US

Daps
Reppin
NULL
2019-bmw-i8-roadster-102-1-1531767428.jpg

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - BMW (BMWG.DE) is considering a second U.S. manufacturing plant that could produce engines and transmissions, Chief Executive Harald Krueger said on Tuesday, shortly after a report that U.S. President Donald Trump would impose tariffs on imported cars from next week.

Krueger in an interview at the Los Angeles Auto Show also said he backed British Prime Minister Theresa May's current Brexit plan to divorce the United Kingdom from the European Union.

"The compromise on the table is something I can clearly support," he said. May is drumming up support for the divorce deal with the European Union ahead of a December 11 vote in British parliament.

BMW is considering changes to U.S. operations as sales in the region grow, Krueger said. BMW has a U.S. vehicle assembly plant, in South Carolina, is planning to open a Mexico factory next year, and is considering changes to its current scheme of importing engines and transmissions.

"We're at the range where you could think about a second location" in the United States, he said, adding that such a factory would provide a natural currency hedge.

BMW chief says considering second U.S. manufacturing plant | Reuters

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Likely less expensive in the long term to simply deal with Trump's tariffs which will be relaxed under the next president then build a big ass facility here and deal with US wages and unions...

In other words, they're not gonna build shyt here...
:snooze: