Bob Arum - "Crawford vs Spence is a BIG PPV Fight"

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
maxresdefault.jpg

Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is already mapping out the welterweight future of former undisputed junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (32-0, 23 KOs).

Back in August, Crawford knocked out Julius Indongo in three rounds to unify the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO junior welterweight titles.

Since then, Crawford has vacated the WBO and IBF titles - and officially announced his intention to invade the welterweight division. He will be vacating the WBC and WBA title shortly.

The first order of business for Crawford will be WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs), who defends his title next month against Gary Corcoran of the UK.

The World Boxing Organization recently named Crawford as the mandatory challenger to Horn. Top Rank has several fight options on Horn and wants to bring him to the United States to face Crawford in the first quarter of 2018.

If Crawford defeats Horn, then Arum has a lot of options for the undefeated fighter. Since the back to back defeats of Roman Gonzalez, many experts are viewing Crawford as the new pound-for-pound king.

Beyond Horn, Arum plans to hook up with adviser Al Haymon to match up his stable of fighters against Crawford - including names like former champion Danny Garcia, WBC/WBA champion Keith Thurman, and what Arum views as the biggest name of the bunch - IBF champion Errol Spence.

Spence is viewed as the biggest threat in the entire division, with a recent destruction of Kell Brook to win the title back in May. Spence will return to the ring in January to fight Lamont Peterson.

"I think Crawford is an enormous talent. I know that if he wins the welterweight title I am going to look to match him with him a number of fighters that are managed by Al Haymon, like Danny Garcia, Keith Thurman and a huge fight would be one with Spence. That would be a big pay-per-view fight," Arum told ESPN Deportes.

Arum: Terence Crawford vs. Errol Spence is a Big PPV Fight! - Boxing News

:feedme:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
By the beginning of 2019 I think this is gonna be the fight fans will be demanding, particularly if both are holding the stock of the Welterweight titles by year's end.

The last "recognized" Undisputed Champ at 147 I believe was Zab right before he lost to Baldomir. He was WBA, WBC, IBF, Ring Lineal Champion. Margarito had the WBO title but nobody seemed to wanna fight him. If all the stars align I "believe" this could end up being the 1st fully Undispited Welterweight Championship in the modern era (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, Ring Lineal) with potentially Two Undefeated , highly skilled American fighters in their primes "possibly" fighting for P4P #1 status by the time they do fight.

If all the stars align I think this goes down Fall '19

:ohhh:

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Shyt wouldn't even do 500k buys. Would struggle to do 300k buys.

In 2015 a Canelo vs GGG fight wouldn't have generated 1.4-1.5 Mill buys. Same sorta applies here. In a year or two both guys are going to become that much bigger names and if both are holding all the 147 belts it sets up for a huge fight. Obviously, they're not breaking records here but that's a worthy PPV and by 2019 actually might do pretty well. So much can happen from now till Fall '19. We're not even out of '17 yet :mjlol:

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Spence name might be buzzing right now but don't think for one second we forgot all that shyt u was talking little Swift :shaq:

Champ_KW

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
By the beginning of 2019 I think this is gonna be the fight fans will be demanding, particularly if both are holding the stock of the Welterweight titles by year's end.

The last "recognized" Undisputed Champ at 147 I believe was Zab right before he lost to Baldomir. He was WBA, WBC, IBF, Ring Lineal Champion. Margarito had the WBO title but nobody seemed to wanna fight him. If all the stars align I "believe" this could end up being the 1st fully Undispited Welterweight Championship in the modern era (WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, Ring Lineal) with potentially Two Undefeated , highly skilled American fighters in their primes "possibly" fighting for P4P #1 status by the time they do fight.

If all the stars align I think this goes down Fall '19

:ohhh:

Naw, nobody wanted to sign that Top Rank option in order to get the fight. Arum ran the same con with Manny.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I love this fight and really want to see it, but has a lot of marinating for it to be a "big" PPV.
Neither one is big outside of boxing for this to be a monster PPV.
Their promoters need to start promoting.
Have TCraw and Spence on tv shows and shyt that the kids like

GREENandYELLOW

2x...and defending
Daps
Neither one is big outside of boxing for this to be a monster PPV.
Their promoters need to start promoting.
Have TCraw and Spence on tv shows and shyt that the kids like
Exactly. This fight is a couple years away and lots of big time promoting to secure quality PPV buys.