Bob Arum says earliest Spence can fight Crawford is in 2019

HeruDat1

Superstar
Daps
Res, I agreed with all the shyt you was saying in the chat. :wow:

Brehs know this fight is not happening this year, this fight aint even gain any traction until Crawford moved up and Spence dominated Peterson, THIS YEAR. :camby:

Spence has a homecoming in June. The fight is not happening in the second half of 2018. Call it politics, call it building whatever. What boxing fan wouldn't want to see it? We don't make the fights tho. Spence don't even have a promoter and nikkas only speakin Arum name.

As far as talkin shyt, Team Crawford (BoMac said it and how he said it) shytted on Spence...

what he gon do? Is he gone call his promo-I mean manager, and push for the fight.
:mjgrin:
Bo Mac told that man to take this time to get right. :heh:

The Knee Grow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Addison rd Metro
Arum is going to drag this fight out if both fighters stay undefeated, he wont let them fight if he thinks Crawford can lose. Whenever Spence starts killing himself to make ww and Crawford fully grows into the division physically and mentally Arum will try to make the fight.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are millions to be made with the Spence fight. Arum is right to wait. We shouldn't see that fight until 2020 at the earliest.

It’s the biggest fight to be made outside the heavyweight division. And both fighters deserve to get paid for it. If that means waiting a year, so be it.

This is a different level from Thurman-Spence, because I don’t think Thurman will ever fight frequently enough at this point (injuries) to make the fight as big as what he thinks it should be. I also don’t think Thurman will ever be the superstar he envisions himself as. Thurman and Spence may not either because of their personalities... but they can at least become recognized for being superstar fighters by staying active and mowing down whoever their promoters put in front of them.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It’s the biggest fight to be made outside the heavyweight division. And both fighters deserve to get paid for it. If that means waiting a year, so be it.

This is a different level from Thurman-Spence, because I don’t think Thurman will ever fight frequently enough at this point (injuries) to make the fight as big as what he thinks it should be. I also don’t think Thurman will ever be the superstar he envisions himself as. Thurman and Spence may not either because of their personalities... but they can at least become recognized for being superstar fighters by staying active and mowing down whoever their promoters put in front of them.
I think winning makes stars. Or at least it's the basic foundation. Fans are attracted to winners. Then after that talent, personality, charisma, charm, look, etc. Spence doesnt have to have a lot of personality. His talent will take him into the lime light. He just has to keep winning.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Spence needs to fight Broner and knock him out to make his name bigger. These guys aren't known by casuals yet. I actually think Spence should have signed with Mayweather or Golden Boy for 3 years just to make his name huge. Everyone wants to do their own thing but that takes a lot of time to do.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like Spence needs to fight Broner and knock him out to make his name bigger. These guys aren't known by casuals yet. I actually think Spence should have signed with Mayweather or Golden Boy for 3 years just to make his name huge. Everyone wants to do their own thing but that takes a lot of time to do.

What the hell could they do for him?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Crawford needs to leave Arum after this contract and the Manny fight.
Arum is a scum bag who will put him on ice and try to set him up to fight whatever mexican or asian he wants to build up.
Haymon is making spence a star.
Arum doesn't have Crawford doing shyt.

HamAndEgger

All Star
Daps
Crawford needs to leave Arum after this contract and the Manny fight.
Arum is a scum bag who will put him on ice and try to set him up to fight whatever mexican or asian he wants to build up.
Haymon is making spence a star.
Arum doesn't have Crawford doing shyt.

I don't know, I think Crawford right now is the more known guy overall. He was just in the NBA Celeb game (the only Boxer) let alone him being on ESPN now is putting him in front of even more faces. Spence's last 2 fights averaged 662K views (Brook and Peterson fights). Crawford vs Indongo clocked in close to a Mill viewers last August following his fight on HBO with Diaz that did around 1.1 Mill views. Spence DID have a big outing on NBC following the Olympics but that was obviously a MAJOR piggy back more so than people rushing home to watch Spence vs Algieri. Spence's MAJOR problem is he's very likely gonna have a shallow 2018 being none of the PBC 147 roster will go near him w/ a 10 ft pole. Crawford vs Horn isn't a HUGE fight either but if it's on ESPN off GP it's gonna have high ratings. If Al was in a rush to make Spence a star he'd tell Danny or Porter "Take this money and STFU and fight Spence..." but chances are after beating his mandatory in June he's gonna fight someone like a Devon Alexander which nobody is anticipating.

All this being said, I think both Al and Bob know Bud and Spence is a MAJOR fight down the line. If we think so they definitely do. Fall '19 / May 2020 "seems" like a time where the smoke will be clear, but will Spence still be able to make 147 by then? :manny: Another thing to consider.