Bob Knight: Why I never went made the jump to coach in the NBA

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Still waiting for those stories of Strahan choking Coughlin or Lawrence Taylor choking Parcells, or Charles Haley choking Jimmy Johnson,

Charles Haley would rather choke his chicken than Jimmy Johnson. I think he did get physical with George Seifert. According to Dexter Carter, Haley put hands on Jerry Rice, and that was the last straw and he got traded right after that.

They’re definitely outliers though. A lot of coaches are a$$holes and getting attacked by players is rare.

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
John Thompson was also like 6' 10" 300 lbs and was a former NBA player with the Bill Russell Celtics. Them players would be scared to square up against him.
I think it’s more of they respected him as a coach and a man. No matter how physically big coach Thomas was he coached world class athletes that physically could whoop his ass, it wasn’t about his size or his demeanor he was a good man and they knew it. :ehh:

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bobby coaching kids with no money is like a promoter feeding his boxer bums to make him look good.

premier58

All Star
Daps
Charles Haley would rather choke his chicken than Jimmy Johnson. I think he did get physical with George Seifert. According to Dexter Carter, Haley put hands on Jerry Rice, and that was the last straw and he got traded right after that.

They’re definitely outliers though. A lot of coaches are a$$holes and getting attacked by players is rare.
Wow!! I knew Charles Haley was a piece of work, but I never knew or heard he or put his hands on JR. I heard that Romo used to bully Dexter Carter.