Bob Knight: Why I never went made the jump to coach in the NBA

premier58

All Star
Daps
False, everyone of those players had a relationship with their players. Every single one.
Tom Coughlin didn't start winning until he cut that dictator shyt out and started building relationships with players.

Saban didn't build relationships with any players.
He was a coward as a man.
He was so intimidated by adults that he told dolphin players and staff to never look him in the eye in the facility.
You know how weak a man you have to be to do shyt like that.
Man quit via text message because he was too cowardly to tell me he was going back to college.
Having a relationship doesnt change the fact that they were hard nosed, abrasive ass coaches who would berate players and make the feel disposable and uncomfortable. I am pretty sure Bobby Knight bonded with many players, also. Contrary to belief, he was not despised by everyone. Coughlin just because he let up a little bit, was still firm and stern, though. He won many games in Jacksonville being that way. He was still a hard coach when they won.

As far as Saban is concerned, I dont know his entire deal with the Dolphins, but Jason Taylor did vouch for him. Is that do not to look me in the eye shyt, true? That is insane. And the way he left was as cowardly as they come. Just like Bobby Petrino left the Falcons. Saban was not the emphasis on my post, though.

premier58

All Star
Daps
False, everyone of those players had a relationship with their players. Every single one.
Tom Coughlin didn't start winning until he cut that dictator shyt out and started building relationships with players.

He was so intimidated by adults that he told dolphin players and staff to never look him in the eye in the facility.
Man quit via text message because he was too cowardly to tell me he was going back to college.
LT said he hated Parcells his first few years, btw. They eventually got real close, but he said oit of his own mouth, that he(Parcells) needed to get off his back or trade him. And alot of SF players hated Bill Walsh, they still dominated under him.

premier58

All Star
Daps

Tell me what I said that was false? All those guys were highly demanding coaches and they all won at a prolific level. Whether they formed relationships or not, is not the point. Im pretty sure Adolh Rupp and Bear Bryant and Woody Hayes had players that loved them, also. It doesnt change the nature of who they were.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Having a relationship doesnt change the fact that they were hard nosed, abrasive ass coaches who would berate players and make the feel disposable and uncomfortable. I am pretty sure Bobby Knight bonded with many players, also. Contrary to belief, he was not despised by everyone. Coughlin just because he let up a little bit, was still firm and stern, though. He won many games in Jacksonville being that way. He was still a hard coach when they won.

As far as Saban is concerned, I dont know his entire deal with the Dolphins, but Jason Taylor did vouch for him. Is that do not to look me in the eye shyt, true? That is insane. And the way he left was as cowardly as they come. Just like Bobby Petrino left the Falcons. Saban was not the emphasis on my post, though.
No different than Coughlin.
Keyshawn and others attest to Parcells was approachable as a man,
Only time you can see parcells being a outright dikk is if he didn't think you had value and he would do what he did to Terry Glenn.
I put that being allowed on ownership and Glenn himself

premier58

All Star
Daps
No different than Coughlin.
Keyshawn and others attest to Parcells was approachable as a man,
Only time you can see parcells being a outright dikk is if he didn't think you had value and he would do what he did to Terry Glenn.
I put that being allowed on ownership and Glenn himself
Terry Glenn was far from the only one who had issues with him. LT did, Phil Simms did, Larry Allen did, also. Dont act like Parcells wasnt a dikk to many. The same Parcells who was negotiating contractual terms with the NYJ the week of SB31?? Did you forget how Parcells alienated TO in Dallas as soon as he got there? The entire point was tough, hard nosed coaches have and do succeed at the highes level. The notion that these millonaire with familiies wont stand for it, is bullshyt. Crazy ass military man, Bobby Ross was able to take his team to a Superbowl.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Bobby might not have lasted an entire season coaching in the NBA if he would have taken that route.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

You owned the Dolphins?:ohhh:

premier58

All Star
Daps
Knight wasn't some small dude tho. Probably would fare better than you think. That's why his bully tactics worked.

but a lot of his players said there was a side of him many didn't see. @CouldntBeMeTho but I get it.
This is some histrionic bullshyt. Where were the attacks on Lombardi? Parcells? Coughlin? Cowher? Jimmy Johnson? Who attack Josh McDaniels or Matt Patricia? Two arrogant dikkheads who sucked as Headcoaches. Pat Riley was a tyrant, too. Who attacked him?