Bodied- The battle rap movie for the new age

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
this movie is racist as fukk

Yeah man some pretentious hipster type bullshyt. I had a nice buzz going when I threw this on last night and it legit fukked up my vibe. The battle scenes were good, some funny shyt in there but all the other stuff in between was horrible. I'm a big fan of the battle scene, I felt like they could have done so much more with this. Only characters I really liked were Lux, Hollow and the kid's dad

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Yeah man some pretentious hipster type bullshyt. I had a nice buzz going when I threw this on last night and it legit fukked up my vibe. The battle scenes were good, some funny shyt in there but all the other stuff in between was horrible. I'm a big fan of the battle scene, I felt like they could have done so much more with this. Only characters I really liked were Lux, Hollow and the kid's dad
yeah dudes girlfriend immediately got on my nerves in the first scene and how he had to whitesplain everything and their overall condescending tone throughout the movie. def some funny scenes here and there and ok bars but all the racist shyt was getting on my nerves...even had the one white boy spitting monkey bars :snoop:

had the asian bol tell homie he was setting asians back because he kicked dude :snoop:

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
yeah dudes girlfriend immediately got on my nerves in the first scene and how he had to whitesplain everything and their overall condescending tone throughout the movie. def some funny scenes here and there and ok bars but all the racist shyt was getting on my nerves...even had the one white boy spitting monkey bars :snoop:

had the asian bol tell homie he was setting asians back because he kicked dude :snoop:

Yeah man I dunno if it was meant to be satire or not but I just didnt get the humour at all. shyt was making me cringe

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just started this...and the cut to the whiteboy explaining shyt is cringy as fukk.."Just assume everything is a gun metaphor" :hhh:

but maybe I shouldn't judge it off 5 mins just yet

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
just started this...and the cut to the whiteboy explaining shyt is cringy as fukk.."Just assume everything is a gun metaphor" :hhh:

but maybe I shouldn't judge it off 5 mins just yet
that whole condescending white superiority aspect of the movie really tuned me out...it was hard to root for any of the characters in this movie outside of Osirus since he was trying to support his family.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
just finished, and yeah...feel what you're saying @Pinyapplesuckas ...got mad :mjpls: vibes...the Ron weasley looking motherfukker got annoying at times and his gf was insufferable

and ending it with Adam saying My name is...followed by the song is just :usure:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Trash.

The entire movie's purpose is to be research for a white boy's thesis paper on the n-word. :fohch:

@kingdarius Your taste is not to be trusted henceforth. :camby:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
yall dudes complaining about the beginning is strictly coming from a perspective of someone that has watched or does watch rap battles. That scene isnt for yall its for the ones who dont. My girl for sure needed that lil tutorial.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
the idea of the scene isn't bad in itself, but the execution + those two actors make it cringy

he had a :childplease: ass look while telling his girl, while she looked :sas1: while he explained it

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
the idea of the scene isn't bad in itself, but the execution + those two actors make it cringy

he had a :childplease: ass look while telling his girl, while she looked :sas1: while he explained it
Let's talk about how this cac has an entire round in the final battle that shyts on the whole culture of battle rap but wins the match and is "crowned" the best battler out :what:

For a "satire," this was absolutely terrible. Everything was heavy handed and too on the nose to be any kind of clever/insightful. Pretentious is a very good word for this movie.

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
Good for what it was. Definitely forgettable but funny if you don't take it seriously.