Body part splits vs upper/lowers vs PPL

Unolove

All Star
Daps
Which one do you do and which one do you think is good for someone that’s intermediate and trying to get as big as possible going more for that than being strong I already built a foundation of strength doing full body, which one would be the best next step.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
U/L should be able to carry you through the bulk of intermediate while maxing efficiency.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
For you OP? It won't matter, the results will be about the same.

You could do something like PHUL for strength and hypertrophy training or nSuns 5/3/1 5-day, both of which are upper/lower splits. I always run my U/L's at 6 to 7 daya per week.

Or you could do a PPL 5 or 6 days a week.

The question you asked was basically the same as asking if you should wear a black shirt or a white shirt to the gym.

A PPL split I design with 40 working sets will probably be superior to one that you find that only has 20, especially if you're capable of recovering from both. Not all PPL splits or U/L splits are created equally.
:ufdup:

What's more important than what split you do is how frequently you train, how intensely you train, and how how seriously you support your lifting (diet/nutrition, sleep, recovery, etc.).

Good luck. :francis:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Break down the workout, do you just do like two exercises per muscle group

Large muscles (back, quads, and chest) i hit 2 sets. Bi's, tri's,shoulders and calves i do 2 to 3 sets since they recover faster. I lift heavy so i do 6 to 8 reps. Sometimes ill do only 1 to 2 sets on arms since they are being worked into most routines as is.

Really depends on how my body feels that week but typically i hit day 1 with max sets and see how my body recovers.

Daps
currently doing PPL for 6x a week (3 days on, 1 off) (reference - 6 Day Push/Pull/Legs (PPL) Powerbuilding Workout Split & Meal Plan)

i usually rotate between PPL, PHAT (power-hypotrophy) and a more traditional "bro-split/body-part split" depending on the time of the year and what i'm training for at the time

like other posters said, the main thing to factor in is your own lifestyle and how much rest/nutrition you can get for recovery

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I am a gym bro, so I do muscle splits. It all depends on your body and goals to be real.