Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
This is a highly slept on movie

The premise seemed juvenile to me at first, but it's actually unique and thoroughly entertaining movie. It's on prime for free, i'd recommend it.....i actually wanted to see it in theaters but didnt get around to it. Also, the soundtrack is done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, kings of this dark shyt :demonic:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a highly slept on movie

The premise seemed juvenile to me at first, but it's actually unique and thoroughly entertaining movie. It's on prime for free, i'd recommend it.....i actually wanted to see it in theaters but didnt get around to it. Also, the soundtrack is done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, kings of this dark shyt :demonic:

Finally saw this. That sleep over scene:whoo: Going to see her mother:picard: Down right disturbing shyt.

Natural Born Killers meets Let the Right one In.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
wrote something in another thread. Loved this. The direction is stunning. The music. The gore. Chalmet and the other lead.

It had Fincher level tension, and sometimes Malick levels of cinematography, or close. It was an amazing experience in the theater.

Told a friend to watch, and she was like what the fukk was that LOL it's not for everyone.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
"So, I knew nothing about this a week ago, except for Chalmet, (who is always good) and Luca, who I think is always worth checking out, I was sold on that, and the description, thought it was a romance/coming of age/travel movie, and then I happen to talk to my Dad, and I say I am going to see this, who knows nothing about movies, and he goes "oh thats about cannibals right, you really want to see that?"

Even then, I thought the cannibals were people they encounter on the road or something lol, so that first scene got me. I loved this, I think. It was brilliant, in a very Luca way. Over the top, falters a bit a few times, but so much was so good, I have to say it's one of the best movies I have seen this year. I think some of this had to inspired somewhat by Near Dark, from the costumes, to the trucks, to the killings and concept, and romance. The score and soundtrack was perfect. So many of those just striking shots of Kentucky, all those states.

So much is beautiful, and stunning to look at it, but the violence can be shocking, funny, the tension near unbearable. it's just an unforgettable movie. The scene with Brad and his homie was perfect. Sully was just no words. The scene at the fair, in the fields. The lake scenes. I thought the whole Mom thing was a weak point. Lost momentum a little. The end went over the top, but I expect that from Luca, who aside from Call me By Your Name has NEVER toned it down. Stunning movie. I could watch this again, maybe not in theaters"