Boyz N The Hood is on the level of the Godfather

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why y'all sleeping on South Central and Deep Cover? White dude: Tell me do you know the difference between a black man and a ******? (trying to provoke Fishburn like dude did to Pinky and dude after him) Fishburn: The nikka is the one who wouldn't even answer that question :stopitslime:

Man what happened to the black movies? shyts about romcoms and quick sterotypes now :sadbron:

boyz in the hood and menace are both just who huge stereotypical movies and that's coming from a person who likes both.

I mean is there no other way to portray the black community unless it has something to do with living in the ghetto and violence?

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
boyz in the hood and menace are both just who huge stereotypical movies and that's coming from a person who likes both.

I mean is there no other way to portray the black community unless it has something to do with living in the ghetto and violence?

You can say the same for Italian movies. Most of the ones I've seen have some kind of mon/mafia theme

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC

What you talking about breh? What would you leave out of Boyz? A story is being told in this movie. The characters are being displayed as humans, not mindless walking stereotypes. You want the writer to leave out the negative stuff and only mention the positives? A single black father raising his son to be responsible and an independent thinker is a stereotype now?

Economics

There is always tradeoffs
Daps

I was more talking about Deep Cover. It was more than just ghetto and violence it was surrounded around his character and how he wasn't about that, dude prided himself on never even drinking or smoking "never have never will" until he did it for his job. But those hood movies did and still do represent reality to alot of black folk in addition to there being more range in those movies that the stuff presented today - Boys in the hood and Menace wasn't all about ghetto in violence, it was about the messages in those movies as well. I agree with you some extent but during those times the "hood" movies were more of a new thing rather than the huge stereotypes of the blaxploitation era in the 70s. Also, rather if you or I like it or not a huge chunk of the 42 million black population in the U.S lives in cities and metros that aren't always the best places in America especially during the times the hood movies were portraying. Better than black men wearing dresses that we see now, shout out to Charles Barkley in that commercial and Tyler Perry :sadbron: