Brace for it Coli fam. The recession is coming soon

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Telecom I will say is full of old people who have had cushy jobs forever who aren't really good at their jobs nor keep up with the times. Most of these companies are making all of the cuts on the operations side because honestly a lot of that stuff can be automated now. A lot of those folks on the operations side make good money just off of decades of merit increases and a few promotions. Pretty much if you were born after 1970 you can't afford to get a job and coast anymore like those in the past could. you have to continuously stay on top of your skills, even if you go the entrepreneur route, the internet has made it where most of the BS small businesses that survived in the past dont stand a chance now (because those businesses were really just middle men to wholesalers in china).

Breh I work in telecom and they always move these jobs overseas as the economy slows down.

Telecom is one of the biggest penny pinching fields out there from a top level management bean counting perspective.

Also compared to other fields..aerospace, defense, automobile industry and etc....they don't get the massive tax breaks from the states like many of those industries.

Another thing they don't move these jobs cause of automation. They move them because of labor rates. The avg labor rate in mexico is 4 dollars an hour, india 6 bucks an hour and china about 9 bucks an hour. Compared to 40 bucks an hour in the states.

That automated shyt is overated cause you go to india, china, mexico and mothafukkas doing that building by hand.

And it aint just operations jobs getting shipped overseas. So is design work and programming which usually goes to china.

The biggest hold up is that they can't ship everything overseas cause their biggest sheep customers are americans (plus the quality sucks overseas outside of europe). So they need to continuously grow the market overseas to eventually gain more markets and place work over there.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Breh I work in telecom and they always move these jobs overseas as the economy slows down.

Telecom is one of the biggest penny pinching fields out there from a top level management bean counting perspective.

Also compared to other fields..aerospace, defense, automobile industry and etc....they don't get the massive tax breaks from the states like many of those industries.

Another thing they don't move these jobs cause of automation. They move them because of labor rates. The avg labor rate in mexico is 4 dollars an hour, india 6 bucks an hour and china about 9 bucks an hour. Compared to 40 bucks an hour in the states.

That automated shyt is overated cause you go to india, china, mexico and mothafukkas doing that building by hand.

And it aint just operations jobs getting shipped overseas. So is design work and programming which usually goes to china.

The biggest hold up is that they can't ship everything overseas cause their biggest sheep customers are americans (plus the quality sucks overseas outside of europe). So they need to continuously grow the market overseas to eventually gain more markets and place work over there.

Dev work goes to india and call center stuff goes to a number of places. From an automation stand point I'm talking about middle management/analyst roles that can be replaced by automated workflows/reporting.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
full

True breh in a nad economy we usually are at war or going to war and oil prices go up. Then as the war slows down the economy gets better and oil prices drop.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Last recession my co worker bought his house in the city for ~600k. That same house is around 2.5 mil now. With the amount of money him and his wife make they’re saving a shytload of money paying off their mortgage, paying less than people I know who are currently renting studios.
The girl I’m bangin is paying 3400$ for a one bedroom :damn:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Nope, we have another 3-7 years. Greedy ass creditors are going to get there's. Just so they can do it all over again. :wow:

If we see a crash anytime soon, it won't be like anywhere close to 08 - that'll be in further time.

We are in a housing bubble, car market will hit a decline, student loan crisis is coming. This is why I advise my people suffer for a few years, get yourself a paid off property, give yourself the freedom of choice.

The way the job market is going, watching stores closing rapidly. People really sold into the idea of centralized shopping w/ amazon and online shopping. People are destroying opportunity and don't even see it. We have handed a small group of people full control of everything

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Indians still taking all those jobs
Read "The World is Flat" if u haven't

:yeshrug:
My company is looking for programmers and everybody we brought in is Indian so far. I think it’s because there aren’t enough applicants. My boss was basically telling me they can’t even find candidates because of all the openings on our market.

Contrefaire

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
West Coast
Iono, this sounds a lot like downsizing for the sake of corporate greed to me. Mass layoffs don't mean what they used to in this age of automation, outsourcing and companies trimming the fat to be as lean as possible to maximize profits.