Breaking: AJ Lee retires from WWE

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Besides, hopefully this opens the door for another diva to enter the picture and get a run at the belt.
:yeshrug:

I WOULD ASS-UME SO BREH.

wwe-ass-gif.5459

giphy.gif

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
She'll fade into oblivion just like every other diva that's left, they all thought the same thing you wrote but it never translates to stardom outside of the business.

Depends on how define oblivion. I wouldn't say she's going to be a transcendent crossovers star like The Rock or anything, but maybe be the host for some online gaming podcast, be a columnist or ign and continue to sell merch to the fan base she's established? Possibly do.

AJ has more appeal outside of wrestling than almost any other past diva. Has the right blend of looks, accessibility, and nerdiness that dudes from the gaming and comic book demographic would be into.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Salute to AJ for living her dream.
Maybe now, like Kaitlyn did, she'll get in better shape and post sexy pics on IG :shaq:

Hopefully they give Naomi a run with the belt before Charlotte comes and takes over.

Nah. Unfortunately, Naomi is gonna lose a filler feud at Extreme Rules and then Charlotte is gonna come and snatch that belt off Nikki.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
She was a problem backstage and got along with no one. The fact that she was literally traveling all alone because of this had to have affected her. It's sad to see, like her husband, how miserable she has become.

At her peak, she was pretty good, but unfortunately this is probably best for business.

Bella's are definitly smiling somewhere

Where you reading she got along with no one?

She seems to have gotten a along with Paige just fine.

Da Thrilla

A MAN CALLED STING
Daps
Even though it wasn't unexpected, and quite frankly, has been anticipated ever since her now-husband left the company over a year ago, the sudden nature of it still managed to catch me off guard, if only for a little bit. Now I can understand why Naomi got the win on RAW, and is now getting this push to face Nikki for the title.

This will hurt a little, quite a lot in fact, but I'm so absolutely happy and proud for AJ and what she has accomplished in her career and in her life.

She went from sleeping in cars, walking long miles to school and back, and taking multiple jobs just to make enough money to be broke, to now all of this.

Her brother started her love for wrestling, and her ambition and drive guided her to continue on and keep pushing forward, helped her meet her idols and saving up all the money she could, to literally starving herself just so she could have enough to make a tryout for WWE. And on a whim and a prayer, it worked.

From a shocking setback in being eliminated on NXT to being Natalya's jobber monkey for several months, from being booked as the village bicycle to even having (fake) crap dumped all over her, she persevered, kept on rolling, and did with a smile and with attitude.

In just a few short years she went from emotionally-abused girlfriend to calculating devious Crazy Chick, to snarky sneaky smartass, to even the friggin' General Manager of the Flagship show of WWE, to at least, being crowned a champion, the (as of this typing) longest reigning champion, to boot. And an added bonus is that she also met her husband there, and despite all backstage drama and mindless speculation, she has found the love of her life (vice versa for Punk.) Now with her gone from the squared circle, she can officially 100% of her time supporting her husband as he branches into his new career, while maybe also wanting to start a family of their own in the near future.

From being homeless to now preparing to be a full-time wife, possible mother and now a hopeful best-selling author, I think everything worked itself out perfectly for AJ, dontcha think?

Thank you, April. Congratulations on a stellar, unbelievable career, and I have no doubt that we will one day see you skipping proudly into your hallowed and deserved spot in the WWE Hall of Fame.

:salute: #ThankYouAJ
:scust:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Depends on how define oblivion. I wouldn't say she's going to be a transcendent crossovers star like The Rock or anything, but maybe be the host for some online gaming podcast, be a columnist or ign and continue to sell merch to the fan base she's established? Possibly do.

AJ has more appeal outside of wrestling than almost any other past diva. Has the right blend of looks, accessibility, and nerdiness that dudes from the gaming and comic book demographic would be into.
6976539372_b4b1c482f8.jpg

2950069481_519d44a241.jpg

They were more well known and how did it work out for them?

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
Chick was always so overhyped, always got shine over other chicks. I remember WWE built up Kaitlyn after that Eve feud, Kaitlyn won the belt and soon after just lost it to AJ and kept on losing too. I remember her horrible GM run and those 'crazy' promos on RAW, the way she straight up overshadowed the Punk vs. Bryan feud. When Alicia Fox was getting pushed but then AJ came back and immediately got back in the title picture and Alicia randomly stopped being pushed.

I don't like one person on top all time, it's crazy how stale she got in such a short amount of time.

They found something with AJ but then they ran that chick into the ground. They put all their eggs in one basket. Chick was like going through the motions in her last year or so, why wouldn't she? They literally gave her everything within her first few years with the company. Probably just got bored.

Hopefully Naomi gets that push though.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Chick was always so overhyped, always got shine over other chicks. I remember WWE built up Kaitlyn after that Eve feud, Kaitlyn won the belt and soon after just lost it to AJ and kept on losing too. I remember her horrible GM run and those 'crazy' promos on RAW, the way she straight up overshadowed the Punk vs. Bryan feud. When Alicia Fox was getting pushed but then AJ came back and immediately got back in the title picture and Alicia randomly stopped being pushed.

I don't like one person on top all time, it's crazy how stale she got in such a short amount of time.

They found something with AJ but then they ran that chick into the ground. They put all their eggs in one basket. Chick was like going through the motions in her last year or so, why wouldn't she? They literally gave her everything within her first few years with the company. Probably just got bored.

Hopefully Naomi gets that push though.
I still say the best match Paige had on the main roster was her MITB match with Naomi, the problem is that it scared Vince that his favorite diva wasn't a part of it so he killed the feud. AJ will only be a major loss if they don't utilize the women that they have, hell i'd argue they have more talented women now than during the Ruthless Aggression Era.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Alicia Fox hasn't done shyt since Melina was around and that was just to put her over. The Bellas are only as over as they are today because of their boyfriends. Naomi is Black..they just like her dancing and not saying much. AJ Vs Naomi in NXT and her being good on the mic is why she got put ahead of everyone else. Kaitlyn wasn't as good. Alicia damn sure isnt...can't even do her Booker copycat shyt right.

Vice Queen

The First Lady of T$C
Supporter
Daps
Dumb decisions. When he runs back to Lita, like he does, or trips and falls into Rousey's bed, i hope she has a lost wages clause in their prenuptial agreement.
:leon:

Anyway, like everyone has said, she's done it all in such a short amount of time, let's give someone else some shine, k Vince?

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Now the question is, will she go in to the Hall of Fame?

Also these pictures with Bayley almost confirm she is pregnant. These were taken on March 28.

Bayley wrote on her Instagram "We are expecting..... her and Paige to win at Wrestlemaina."

CBPK2sOUMAAeiUD.jpg:large

Last edited: