"Breaking Bad" actors Bryan Cranston & Aaron Paul collaborating on new project...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Who is a huge movie star nowadays? Why are the huge movie stars of days past increasingly choosing to do TV/streaming shows? I get that the allure of the silver screen still exists, but dwindling box office numbers and the amount of A-list actors/actresses and directors, choosing to delve into television, shows that the reality is different. When Martin Scorcese is directing a Netflix film starring Robert Deniro and Al Pacino, or when Steven Soderbergh is making an acclaimed Showtime series, I think we've gotten past the idea of TV being the minor leagues.
Can you name an A list actor or actress that basically was never a large movie star getting a huge windfall from Netflix? It's not that TV is minor leagues its that if you're a huge A list celebrity and you choose to do TV you get paid like an A lister but you're typically not gonna build up that status simply doing TV series.

Is Noah Centineo who's in damn near everything Netflix produces these days getting paid like Adam Sandler by the same company?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Can you name an A list actor or actress that basically was never a large movie star getting a huge windfall from Netflix? It's not that TV is minor leagues its that if you're a huge A list celebrity and you choose to do TV you get paid like an A lister but you're typically not gonna build up that status simply doing TV series.

Is Noah Centineo who's in damn near everything Netflix produces these days getting paid like Adam Sandler by the same company?
Eleven_%28Stranger_Things%29.jpg

Besides that, why would I expect a streaming service that has been making original content for less than 10 years to be giving out the bag on par to decades old movie studios? My point has been that TV/streaming has reached the level of movies to the point that A-listers and directors view it as an equally viable career choice as opposed to viewing it as a last ditch resort. Matthew McConaughey became an A-lister/revived his career in part because of him starring in a TV show.