BREAKING: Elon Musk receives approval for Hyperloop between DC and NYC

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
fast forward 30 years when NY-Phillly-Bmore-DC is all just one metro area

we'll all have huge beards and 9 pairs of Foam Timbs eating old bay flavored mambo sauce :wow:

Rep.

They been talking about this technology for years. Tony Starks the God actually putting foot to purpose as usual though :wow:

That NYC/DC paycheck and Philly cost of living

Let em know this technology didn't start with Musk

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
Thehyperloop cars are supposed to be able to get up over 500 mph. You can't build up that type of speed inside a metro area with all the stops it would have to make. It would make more sense to just upgrade the existing light rail system. This has potential to put AmTrak out of business for good.
How many jobs will be lost?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
How many jobs will be lost?
We're gonna pretty rapidly reach the point where more jobs are gonna be gone than not within this next century, perhaps. A living salary to each citizen would almost be the more economical thing to do down the road as jobs get more streamlined and robotics advance further.

We will reach a day where nobody has to really do much of anything.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
ideally, i'd like to see a loop that goes around the perimeter of the U.S. border.
start in NYC, hit up all the major cities on the way down to FL. then hit Houston, southern Cal up to Seattle to Chicago and back to NYC.

sorry Boston, you don't get in the loop.
:pachaha:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm not sure what this technology is, but if 'they' could do something like this with cargo/goods it would change so much shyt in the United States in relation to manufacturing/logistics/jobs.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
do these hyperloops need to be underground?
the burrowing process is very tedious and it would take way too long to dig out a tunnel from boston to florida.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
I'm not sure what this technology is, but if 'they' could do something like this with cargo/goods it would change so much shyt in the United States in relation to manufacturing/logistics/jobs.
Warren buffet owns a couple trains. Do you think he would like to see this technology? The fossil fuel industry hates this idea.

Idk about you, but I like to ruffle feathers.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Warren buffet owns a couple trains. Do you think he would like to see this technology? The fossil fuel industry hates this idea.

Idk about you, but I like to ruffle feathers.
I mean I don't really care about Warren Buffets pockets? I care if people like myself, friends and family, and like minded individuals can keep having/getting good manufacturing jobs. This seems like it would help it, by turning the logistics world on its head.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
terrorists gone eat.

Us avoiding ANY major transport decisions about technology going forward because we were scared of terrorists would be a bigger win for them than any they've done since they egged us into starting simultaneous wars.

In the last fifteen years, the most well-planned terrorist attack on US soil was....what again? A guy with a gun?