BREAKING: Kawhi Leonard & Danny Green to Raptors for DeRozan, Poeltl, & 2019 1st Rd Pick

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
:hhh:

Passing on Ingram and Zo for DeRozan

Spurs already got multiple point guards who can't shoot for shyt...they don't have a need for Zo

Passing on Ingram was stupid though...

shyt if the rumors are true they also passed on SGA...

The funny thing is Ballme was down to play ball and give the Spurs anything they wanted...so they could have had SGA and all the future picks that are probably allowed under cba rule...

Then Kawhi ended up on the Clippers a year later anyway and spurs didn't get shyt for it...

Pop and RC two of the best to ever do it but this is going down as one of the ALL TIME worst trades ever...

If Derozan and Poeltl do not resign in San Antonio the Spurs pretty much traded Kawhi for the rights to draft Keldon Johnson...

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Spurs already got multiple point guards who can't shoot for shyt...they don't have a need for Zo

Passing on Ingram was stupid though...

shyt if the rumors are true they also passed on SGA...

The funny thing is Ballme was down to play ball and give the Spurs anything they wanted...so they could have had SGA and all the future picks that are probably allowed under cba rule...

Then Kawhi ended up on the Clippers a year later anyway and spurs didn't get shyt for it...

Pop and RC two of the best to ever do it but this is going down as one of the ALL TIME worst trades ever...

If Derozan and Poeltl do not resign in San Antonio the Spurs pretty much traded Kawhi for the rights to draft Keldon Johnson...
What would it matter to have Ingram or Gilgeous or Lonzo if Pop is going to run the offense through a 1 legged LMA and 15 foot midrange shooting?

This board is so caught up in names that they don't understand the Spurs issues are not personnel based but rather a refusal to adapt to the current offensive landscape of the league.

Put in other terms, having 8 Tony Gwynns in a lineup won't win you shyt if every other team in the league has 8 Christian Yelichs.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
What would it matter to have Ingram or Gilgeous or Lonzo if Pop is going to run the offense through a 1 legged LMA and 15 foot midrange shooting?

This board is so caught up in names that they don't understand the Spurs issues are not personnel based but rather a refusal to adapt to the current offensive landscape of the league.

Put in other terms, having 8 Tony Gwynns in a lineup won't win you shyt if every other team in the league has 8 Christian Yelichs.

if he had BI and ZO he wouldnt be running the offense through LMA dumbass :umad:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW

It matters because LMA only has one more year on his deal. So the LMA offense will only exist one more year.

I actually disagree and think 80% of their issues is personnel because Derozan and LMA just don't even play basketball in a modern way...well LMA does not that he shoots 3's but you get my drift...

Plus...it's just common sense that you trade a franchise player for as many young players and picks as you can...Kawhi was arguably the best player in the league the year before he quit on the spurs...aint no way in hell you going to get equal value for him...so you might as well trade him for young players and future picks to maybe find the next kawhi...

It matters greatly to have Ingram cause one of the spurs problems is they don't have a natural small forward...cause Derozan is NOT a small forward...but Ingram is...

SGA plays right now how I hope Dejounte plays 3 years from now...I am high on Dejounte but lets not act like SGA doesn't cook him when they play...

By the way if we have SGA on this team...is bum ass bryn forbes on this team? Is bum ass marco on this team? One or maybe both of those dudes are already gone since we have another lottery pick guard on this team...

Spurs are doing nothing every year Derozan and LMA are on this team...but when they are gone then they have something in a good young core...

Problem is they could have had the same core - poeltl and either + Ingram or + SGA and a shyt ton of picks...didn't re sign Poeltl by the way so he might not even be on this team next year

Now because of the bad blood between the spurs and lakers that was never really going to happen...Pop was not about to help the lakers build a title team and the lakers were not about to give a team with as good a track record of player development as the spurs a shyt ton of young lottery pick players...

But not taking the clippers deal was pretty dumb...ESPECIALLY with how well the spurs draft...

Lets not act like this trade was about anything more than sending Kawhi to a place they knew he wouldn't stay at...cause that is pretty much what the trade was about...

Which I get but is still disappointing...cause if there is one coach who I would expect to not let his feelings get in the way and to just do what is best for the team and to take the absolute best deal is Pop...but he absolutely let his feelings get in the way and absolutely didn't get the best deal and congratulations on treading water as the 8th seed so you can get your a$$hole blown open by one of the two teams you refused to trade Kawhi to...good job Gregg with two g's....

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It matters because LMA only has one more year on his deal. So the LMA offense will only exist one more year.

I actually disagree and think 80% of their issues is personnel because Derozan and LMA just don't even play basketball in a modern way...well LMA does not that he shoots 3's but you get my drift...

Plus...it's just common sense that you trade a franchise player for as many young players and picks as you can...Kawhi was arguably the best player in the league the year before he quit on the spurs...aint no way in hell you going to get equal value for him...so you might as well trade him for young players and future picks to maybe find the next kawhi...

It matters greatly to have Ingram cause one of the spurs problems is they don't have a natural small forward...cause Derozan is NOT a small forward...but Ingram is...

SGA plays right now how I hope Dejounte plays 3 years from now...I am high on Dejounte but lets not act like SGA doesn't cook him when they play...

By the way if we have SGA on this team...is bum ass bryn forbes on this team? Is bum ass marco on this team? One or maybe both of those dudes are already gone since we have another lottery pick guard on this team...

Spurs are doing nothing every year Derozan and LMA are on this team...but when they are gone then they have something in a good young core...

Problem is they could have had the same core - poeltl and either + Ingram or + SGA and a shyt ton of picks...didn't re sign Poeltl by the way so he might not even be on this team next year

Now because of the bad blood between the spurs and lakers that was never really going to happen...Pop was not about to help the lakers build a title team and the lakers were not about to give a team with as good a track record of player development as the spurs a shyt ton of young lottery pick players...

But not taking the clippers deal was pretty dumb...ESPECIALLY with how well the spurs draft...

Lets not act like this trade was about anything more than sending Kawhi to a place they knew he wouldn't stay at...cause that is pretty much what the trade was about...

Which I get but is still disappointing...cause if there is one coach who I would expect to not let his feelings get in the way and to just do what is best for the team and to take the absolute best deal is Pop...but he absolutely let his feelings get in the way and absolutely didn't get the best deal and congratulations on treading water as the 8th seed so you can get your a$$hole blown open by one of the two teams you refused to trade Kawhi to...good job Gregg with two g's....
I hear all that, but in my view ...any player you plug into this offensive system would be hamstrung.

Whatever those guys are doing in OKC or NO isnt applicable.

Just take a look how much more useful Bertans became once he went to Washington....

But I'm not wasting my time lamenting trades that have happened. There is no crying over spilled milk.

Looking to the past is loser shyt

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I hear all that, but in my view ...any player you plug into this offensive system would be hamstrung.

Whatever those guys are doing in OKC or NO isnt applicable.

Just take a look how much more useful Bertans became once he went to Washington....

But I'm not wasting my time lamenting trades that have happened. There is no crying over spilled milk.

Looking to the past is loser shyt

Useful? The Wizards are one of the worst teams in the nba? What exactly is he doing but gunning on a lottery team?

You say he is more useful but when he was on the Spurs and played against the Warriors in the playoffs he did what? And when he played against the Denver Nuggets in the playoffs he did what?

I care more about what nba players do on perennial playoffs teams than what they do on perennial losing teams...I was rooting for Bertans but he was such a trainwreck on defense and was an utter disaster on the boards...the spurs rebound rate plummeted the second he came into the game...

But when you a bad team with no hope in sight like the wizards do you care about rebound rate ? Nope...

But when you a perennial playoff team at worst and a championship team at best like the spurs have been do you care about rebound rate? Yep...

So when the Spurs are getting killed on the boards Pop takes him out the game and how many 3's can Bertans make from the bench ? None

But when the Washington Wizards are literally second to last :mjlol: in rebounds does scott brooks take him out ? Nope...so guess what Davis...keep shooting...we as a team aren't doing shyt anyway...

Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just cause a player does something on one team means he can replicate it somewhere else...

Kawhi was an all time great defender in San Antonio...the nikka don't even play in back to back games for the Clippers...

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
The GOAT franchise could’ve gave pop and the dirty good for nothing spurs life again and they rejected it out of spite. We would’ve been stuck with peg leg with no assets to trade for AD and a possibly more shaky squad.

Instead GOAT franchise number #1 in the conference and a top factor in the championship picture while your petty short armed bum ass franchise going out like the t-rex. I fukkin love it....
BQBjbzQ.png