Breaking: Sen. Bob Menendez indicted on federal bribery charges-Second Round

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Been following this in the TImes, and Wall Street Journal, for about a year, haven't read the indictment, but it's Southern District, and Damian Williams is an exceptional person leading the office

this isn't Bill Barr or someone like that.

Dude is probably guilty. This is the second time. Have to read the actual docs to see how strong the case it, but they wouldn't gave brought this case high profile near election year if it wasn't solid. He should step down, and let NY governor pick his replacement. This clinging to power is out of control.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Been following this in the TImes, and Wall Street Journal, for about a year, haven't read the indictment, but it's Southern District, and Damian Williams is an exceptional person leading the office

this isn't Bill Barr or someone like that.

Dude is probably guilty. This is the second time. Have to read the actual docs to see how strong the case it, but they wouldn't gave brought this case high profile near election year if it wasn't solid. He should step down, and let NY governor pick his replacement. This clinging to power is out of control.

I don't think NJ would appreciate NY picking his replacement but I agree with all of the above

Idk why NJ kept re-electing him all these years he's had cases hanging over him for what feels like forever

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I don't think NJ would appreciate NY picking his replacement but I agree with all of the above

Idk why NJ kept re-electing him all these years he's had cases hanging over him for what feels like forever

NJ governor

reading through the indictment now, it's hard to understand, like it would take me a 5 minutes or so to explain to a common person what happened and they would have to listen closely lol--- but it's clearly corruption as common people would consider it, probably a lot of business as usual in the Senate, but the other side is like a crime novel, a low budget one. it's a like the Bob McDonnell case, but with more foreign international affairs.

The SC has considerably narrowed the levels of bribery/corruption of office charges, but this has probably been considered by the prosecutors, and they have what looks like overt acts: trying to influence the US Attorney pick, trying to mediate a prosecution involving a co conspirator.

Seems like he Menendez has a learned or innate impulse for these schemes, it's very close to the last one, but meeting his wife, she really kinda worked that position. Cars (the classic bullshyt baby benz, which she crashed), gold bars, mortgage payments for her foreclosed home.

he should step down from that committee.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
The defense should be: this is clear entrapment…. Present the jury with a bar of gold. Let them look at it for a second

“would you …. I mean COULD you, say no to that?”

I rest my case :ufdup: :smugbiden:

Digital Omen

All Star
Daps
NJ governor

reading through the indictment now, it's hard to understand, like it would take me a 5 minutes or so to explain to a common person what happened and they would have to listen closely lol--- but it's clearly corruption as common people would consider it, probably a lot of business as usual in the Senate, but the other side is like a crime novel, a low budget one. it's a like the Bob McDonnell case, but with more foreign international affairs.

The SC has considerably narrowed the levels of bribery/corruption of office charges, but this has probably been considered by the prosecutors, and they have what looks like overt acts: trying to influence the US Attorney pick, trying to mediate a prosecution involving a co conspirator.

Seems like he Menendez has a learned or innate impulse for these schemes, it's very close to the last one, but meeting his wife, she really kinda worked that position. Cars (the classic bullshyt baby benz, which she crashed), gold bars, mortgage payments for her foreclosed home.

he should step down from that committee.
He just stepped down (from chairing the committee, but still won't resign from the senate)
These decrepit dinosaurs will never ever leave peacefully and gracefully. Power is really an aphrodisiac, a drug.
Fed indictments, dementia, strokes, freezing on camera...doesn't matter. Never ever resign.
No shame in their game. Why would they care about being a joke and hated by their fellow citizens when they have unlimited power?
Keep the donations coming in, count the votes, and move the fukk on. Word to Clay Davis.
FOH

:pacspit:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this dirtbag is finished, and the democrats lose face if he's still a senator in 2024. assuming they can kick him out with a vote