Breh-rangutan Fights for His Habitat Against Palm Oil Digger

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Orangutan defends its forest by grabbing at a digger in Indonesia | Daily Mail Online

4D022B9F00000578-0-image-a-3_1528390712627.jpg

What do yall know about Palm Oil?
How it's in thousands of products we use?
It's impact on rainforest habitat?

I knew about it, but never one of those environmental subjects you here much about in mainstream or even Alt/Indy media.

Worth at least being aware of....we loosing Sumatran Tiger, Sumatran Rhinoceros, and Orangutan for consumer products. Maybe there are alternatives outchere.

images

pyperb-edc171-assessment2b-4-638.jpg

980x.jpg

It's in half the product we love and make it possible to have variety and an enjoyable consumer experience.....this not gone be easy...:wow:

Last edited:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I'm always about solutions. So of course I looked to see is there a different way to harvest palm oil. Apparently they have "sustainable" palm oil tree plantations, but really market capitalism and little regulatory enforcement in some of these countries will seemingly override attempts to control growth of this industry.

Here's the thing.....this Western lifestyle, which I appreciate, that has a variety of products, is being sold to the developing world which are rapidly catching up to "standards of living" of the Western countries. Which just pushes demand for more palm...if there are no alternatives then.....

Damn.

Last edited:

IceCold

Banned
Daps
Reppin
CA
this is why I wouldn't flinch if we had a mass reduction on this earth. humans are trash

we are destroying everything and ourselves

Most people have no redeeming qualities to themselves . There is no such thing as introspection with people in this society. The only time they feel the need to repent is when something bad happens to them . It's gonna be the death of humanity if people don't get their own egos in check .

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Very brave and very sad as they are smart as a toddler and even they know a bulldozer wrecking your home has be stopped.