Breh scores highlight reel knockout in Olympic finals match, BUT...

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
is DQed because of bullshyt Olympic rules :snoop:

Ganjzadeh wins karate Olympic gold as opponent disqualified
Unconscious Sajad Ganjzadeh awarded +75kg men’s gold for Iran as Saudi Arabia’s Tareg Hamedi was disqualified for a high kick.

2021-08-07T131153Z_1701609349_SP1EH8710NQCM_RTRMADP_3_OLYMPICS-2020-KTE-M-O75KG-MEDAL.jpg

Gold medallist Sajad Ganjzadeh of Iran, right, and silver medallist Tareg Hamedi of Saudi Arabia pose on the podium [Annegret Hilse/Reuters]
7 Aug 2021
The final bout of karate’s historic debut at the Olympics ended in an uproar when Saudi Arabian Tareg Hamedi’s high kick to Iran’s Sajad Ganjzadeh’s neck saw him disqualified and his motionless opponent awarded gold in the men’s over-75kg final.

Hardly a minute in, Hamedi looked dominant, having scored a three-point “ippon” in the ninth second and he was leading 4-1 before the bout on Saturday came to an abrupt end.

Hamedi’s final kick sent Ganjzadeh to the tatami mat and the Saudi into celebration mode before the mood in the Nippon Budokan arena turned. Medics rushed to Ganjzadeh’s side, placing an oxygen mask on the Iranian and removing him on a stretcher.

After a few minutes of discussion among the officials on the sidelines, the referee called the match for Ganjzadeh by disqualifying Hamedi for an unchecked attack, which is not allowed under karate’s Olympic rules.

Ganjzadeh returned later for the medal ceremony, walking normally. Both he and Hamedi were expressionless as they stepped up to the podium and collected their medals.

They appeared to harbour no hard feelings towards each other, however, as they hugged and posed for photographs together.

“I’m happy about the gold medal but I’m sad that I had to win it like this,” Ganjzadeh told a news conference.

Hamedi took the loss in his stride, saying he was unhappy with the judge’s decision but satisfied with how he fought.

Ganjzadeh wins karate Olympic gold as opponent disqualified

The Olympics has a history of watering down combat sports like this.

I know @Mowgli was disappointed that BJJ is not yet an Olympic sport. Considering what they did to judo, you should be fine with it.

Last edited:

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
So all you gotta do is act like you got knocked out in the finals to win

Basically.

Even if you think those "semi-contact" rules are valid, he was not at fault here. Breh landed the kick as his opponent was ducking/leaning in. It doesn't take a ton of force to KO someone in that instance.

Olympic boxing is a joke too. It means nothing to medal in Olympic combat sports (maybe not Judo).

Freestyle wrestling is solid. Judo is a major headache. They've stripped so much of the ground fighting out. The rules STILL change to often to most referees to even keep up with.