Brehs, if Sony get even half of these games out in 2021...

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:wow:

Next year is going to be a seminal year for Sony - look at all the games targeted at release in 2021. :gucci:

• Ratchet & Clank (PS5)
  • Gran Turismo 7 (PS5)
  • Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
  • Horizon: Forbidden West (PS4/PS5)
  • God Of War: Ragnarok (PS5)
  • Deathloop (PS5)
  • The Last Of Us: Factions (PS4/PS5)

And who knows what other incredible shyt they've got ready for us. :wow:

@Rekkapryde - we are going to be millionaires from this Sony stock breh.
source.gif

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I would say maybe 2022 for FFXVI BUT I hope it's a 2021 title. Square needs a mainline title to push the franchise forward, and while FF7R is immaculate... There's only so many new story opportunities they can take, they're limited in that aspect (for example, just how polarizing the ending was when the game first dropped).

KH4 or (maybe Verum Rex) would be dope for 2022 since Nomura's alluding to something big that year. And it would be nice to kick off the next saga with a numbered title as soon as possible. Either that, or it's a fully fledged Dream Drop Distance II style game with Kairi and Riku as the protagonists. Melody of Memory should give us an idea on what to expect. Unless KH4 will involve us rescuing Sora (which would be a really cool idea if Kairi's the protagonist), that's gonna have to be touched on before the next numbered title happens.

2023 for FF7R Part 2 is likely as well, if not late 2022. Even though they have all the assets in terms of the characters and a lot of the base work is done, there's still the matter of the world map to figure out, as well as how many parts the series will have (let's hope it's mainly three). Anything longer than 2023 and I'd be concerned.

GoW, yeah, it's possible. We're in COVID season and we saw just how delays really hampered development all across the board, so it wouldn't be a surprise if we don't get a release date come June 2021. COVID isn't going anywhere, BUT people may be more adjusted to their new workflows by then, so hopefully we won't have any more nasty delays (looking at you, Cyberpunk 2077 :huhldup:)

The FFXV team is handing Project Athia, and they've been working on the Luminous Engine for quite some time now, so the hope is that PA has a much smoother dev cycle and there's a clearer vision in what that game is supposed to be.

Everywhere I go, I'm hearing the story content in FFXIV is the best in years (even apparently Classic Era status), so from what I'm gathering... This is the absolute dream team for a Final Fantasy game. I've been meaning to jump into the story content for XIV for quite some time now, actually.

Yea when i said KH4 i just mean whatever the next "Main" Kingdom hearts is. Could be KH4. Could be Verum Rex who knows. But Yea nomura is basically telling us something big is coming for KH 20th anniversary.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When has a final fantasy ever been ahead of schedule?
This one is being developed by the competent division within SE. Still, I don't think we'll see it in 2021. I don't believe it's far off, either.

As far as Sony's own announced titles I have no doubt they'll all be out within the first year.

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
When has a final fantasy ever been ahead of schedule?

FFXIV has been consistent. Even though it's an MMO, it's still rated highly. World of Final Fantasy is too, even though the aesthetic is more "child-like".

If Square Enix has learned from anything in the past decade and so, FFXVI should be progressing smoothly. Plus the division working on it is also the same division that made XIV amazing, which saved Square Enix back when things were looking real dark. Either way though, we'll have to see.

Yea when i said KH4 i just mean whatever the next "Main" Kingdom hearts is. Could be KH4. Could be Verum Rex who knows. But Yea nomura is basically telling us something big is coming for KH 20th anniversary.

And that's why I'm not bothered about Melody of Memory. One, the music in KH games are fire. Two, it's a rhythm game and they're fun when you take them for what they are. And three, by the time it drops, we're already at the end of the year. Six months later in June, we'll probably get a trailer for the next game, because if the goal is 2022, surely they'd have enough to show by June 2021.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Sony is padding in case sales are low or if the pandemic persists with these multigen titles. wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped the ps4 versions due to lack of performance

God of War and Horizon getting pushed back. Factions coming out once they get the ps5 patch for Last of Us 2

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony is padding in case sales are low or if the pandemic persists with these multigen titles. wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped the ps4 versions due to lack of performance

God of War and Horizon getting pushed back. Factions coming out once they get the ps5 patch for Last of Us 2

Horizon must have started as a PS4 game, hence it's cross-gen - must have at least 3 years of production. 2021 makes perfect sense in my opinion.