brehs Tinashe "Ride of Your Life" should have been a hit :snoop:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
That's coo but what do you think of the song in question :jbhmm:
:francis:

It's ok...maybe it'll grow on me. Like you said you didnt like it at first, but after hearing it again you did.

Alot of younger fans dont listen to radio anymore so if they hear it once and don't like it, then that's it.

I think she can do better though.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
K. Michelle has her lane but even that's not enough. At one point in the early 2000's we had Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Brandy, Monica, Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Aaliyah, Erykah Badu and I'm sure I'm forgetting some names ala Jill Scott, Macy Gray

All dope women with great music that carved their own lanes.

I think the problem with the R&B songs posted in this thread is that they're trying too hard to compete with rap/trap.

The minute people start hearing tinashe on a metro boomin track they'll wanna cut her off break out their future mixtapes.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
All dope women with great music that carved their own lanes.

I think the problem with the R&B songs posted in this thread is that they're trying too hard to compete with rap/trap.

The minute people start hearing tinashe on a metro boomin track they'll wanna cut her off break out their future mixtapes.
This isn't true.

Tinashe just never developed a strong fanbase. She never sold herself well.

Chip Skylark

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
K. Michelle has her lane but even that's not enough. At one point in the early 2000's we had Mariah Carey, Toni Braxton, Brandy, Monica, Mary J. Blige, Alicia Keys, Aaliyah, Erykah Badu and I'm sure I'm forgetting some names ala Jill Scott, Macy Gray

All of those artists including beyonce and rihanna came doing a time when labels actually has artist development and they've been around for a while. Labels saw Tinashe as a quick buck and she didn't hesitate to sign a deal and get on which i do understand R&B is a different monster than rap. She has to die so her sound cause from what I heard she's all over the place. She has yet to find a target audience like the women you mentioned also.

Daps
I was at Walmart and some cac teenie boppers pulled up bumpin this hard in dey mommy's white escalade

Im sure those private school hoes felt "rebel"

Song still ill though

Daps
I was at Walmart and some cac teenie boppers pulled up bumpin this hard in dey mommy's white Escalade

They got out the car private school skirts on and all like...
:smugfavre:

I gave them the:wtb:

Song still bumps though :wow:

Metro Da Gawd:whew: