Bret Hart vs Stone Cold in submission match at Wrestlemania 13 is GOAT match status

The Electric Lady

Post and toke
Daps
Reppin
Htown
One of? This IS the match that made Stone Cold.

Hogan vs Savage is the best storyline of the 80s and this is the best of the 90s IMO. As a kid SCSA was Buzz Lightyear, the black and white vignettes, plain black trunks, that episode of him beating Bret's ass in the ambulance :krs: (one of Raw's best), his demeanor Austin had it all and was on fire in 97. Add to the fact I HATED Bret/Hart Foundation as a kid it was extra gratifying to legit see Bret go :wtf: at the crowd turning against him. Surreal moment as a kid seeing Austin get that love for being badass.

In hindsight Bret turned heel because of the fans which IIRC has never happened up until that point where the fans dictated a turn. Not to mention having a character act as a tweener based on geography was mindblowing.

One of WWF's greatest and most important matches ever.

:salute:
Just pure real talk. :salute:

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
I can't see Chicago no-selling a Bret/Shawn re-match. They'll pick a side on some GBE vs BDK type shyt :wow: Insert SCSA as special guest ref for additional #fukkery :eat:
MSG turned on Shawn at SS, and that very Chicago crowd turned on Bret. Those dawn of the smark age smarks were DONE with squeaky clean Shawn and Bret. That shyt would have been an all-time wrestling debacle had it went down.

3Rivers

thaKEAF aint never lied
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Steel City
"I will kick your pink and black ass :demonic:" is one of my favorite lines in any promo ever
"Pink tights? What the hell is that all about Bret" :dahell:

"Sunglasses and sparklers, what a load a crap":pacspit:

"I aint no sexy BOY, I don't dance son"
full

"You can finally go home, look yourself in the mirror and get a little peace of mind because you will know, you were indeed beat by a real man....real man....real man" :wow:

Didn't realize it at the time but austin was sonning HBK with that last line as well:ohhh:

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
was going to say people overlook how fukking amazing SVS 96 match because of Mania 13 being so good, Austin/Hart chemistry :wow:. When Bret gave a shyt he was spectacular